Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 14 June 2004
If I had not read this book then I would never have truly appreciated the enduring love which Scott and Zelda felt for one another. Reading Zelda's letters especially elucidated much for me regarding their troubled and tempestuous marriage. It is also obvious that whilst Zelda was an inspiration to Scott, she also had a talent for writing herself. The most tragic thing about a couple such as Scott and Zelda, is that talented as they both were, they were also their own sternest critics. It is immensely poignant to read their letters to one another now and feel the destructive dominion of their consuming love for both each other and their passion for the creative arts. Much can be said about them as a couple, but the best and most assured road to gaining a real insight regarding them, is to read what they themselves said to and about each other.
on 19 November 2005
Once I opened this book of F. Scott and Zelda's love letters, I was glued to it, and didn't put it down until I had read the entire book 6 hours later. This is an engrossing collection of passionate letters between two of America's most famous Jazz Age babies, full of innocence, spurned hope, desperate longing, and a never-ending belief that one day, somehow, they would end up together again. Even knowing the Fitzgeralds' history as well as I do, I was drawn in by their steamy letters, and half-believed that everything was going to turn out alright in the end for them. Maybe it did. This is a fantastic, epic collection of letters (more by Zelda than Scott), photos (I loved seeing the presents that Scott gave to Zelda), drawings, and copies of the original letters. F. Scott had such beautiful handwriting. Anyways, for anyone with even a slight interest in the Fitzgeralds, or in love letters, this is a book well worth its price, one that I thought about for days after I finished it off.
on 23 December 2014
I'm loving this. I'm still reading it. It's very interesting to see how their relationship "worked". It's also a bit sad. The narrator keeps trying not to point fingers at either Scott or Zelda, I'm coming to my own conclusions though.
on 11 September 2013
I am very interested in the life of F.Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald and this book showing their letters was a very interesting and worth while read! I loved how there was a description of each time period for the letters and little stars by certain words and paragraphs with a description at the bottom so I knew thoroughly what I was reading. Overall a very good read which allows an insight into their complex relationship, a definite recommend to people who want to know more about these two!!
on 12 April 2014
Great condition and great book, even though it is quite a long read! If you like this genre, I do recommend it.
on 11 May 2014
The passion and melancholy reflected in Zelda's letters moved me to write a song based on her words. What a truly gifted person. http://youtu.be/fuwTJLUcFfw
on 6 May 2016
The delivery was so punctual and the quality of the book is good although it is used. Thanks!
on 4 September 2014
Interesting at first but boring after.
on 12 February 2015
Brilliant book. Thank you.