on 29 April 2017
Brilliant book, the eye opener to creativity. Excellent truly awe-inspiring
on 5 August 2017
interesting book
on 9 March 2017
very good.
on 8 October 2011
Osho's philosophy always hits home. By the time I'd finished reading this book, my view of creativity had changed completely. I was both exhilarated and in despair at the insights revealed to me. Exhilarated, because some force - some unknown thing -- inside me found freedom to breathe with every page I read. In despair because, as I realised I had the key to my personal creative freedom in my hand, I knew that the chances of me getting published in the traditional way was even more remote.

This book pulls no punches when it forces you to understand what true creativity is: a fragrance of freedom that blends together both feeling and action into an awareness that translates into a uniquely individual creative expression. I was reminded that each and every one of us comes into this world with a specific destiny; the Divine has a task for us and, whether that task (in my case, writing my novels) is recognised by the collective is less important that whether I love what I do for the sake of doing it.

From now on, I'll never wash the kitchen floor again...I'll be painting an invisible picture with my mop! My enthusiasm for my chosen craft--one in which the odds *against* success are overwhelming--has been restored. And my creative forces have truly been unleashed with the simple wisdom contained in this volume.
44 Comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 February 2015
Excellent read
on 11 May 2016
A great read from Osho. He drives home his point very well. His work can be read again and again, and there is always something else to understand at a deeper, spiritual level.. Zen is not always easy to get a handle on, but Osho does a great job with some very penetrative communication. If you are into Zen, in my opinion, this book will prove to be of great value.
on 16 September 2011
Buddhists believe that a teacher will appear when the student is ready. This book did just that. It confirmed and built on everything I'd been thinking and feeling lately. The point is that it enforces the need to let things flow and tries to show you how creativity will flow from there on. The brilliant part is that it explains things repeatedly in different contexts so that the material has time to really sink in. I love this book.
on 11 July 2008
I cannot say enough about this little gem. I have purchased a dozen copies over the years and always keep at least two on hand. One for me (with all my underlines and highlighted text) and one for anyone I meet who wants to learn how let their creative side flow even more.
on 4 July 2000
Osho beautifully talks on the subject of creativity. He uses the technique of relating small stories, that further adds beauty to his talks and helps him get his message across. His teachings are also mixed with some humour, here and there, that makes one want to read more and more. If you want to know what REAL creativity is, read this book. He has explained it brilliantly. The book also has, at the end, four questions that have been addressed to Osho and his answers to them.
0Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 February 2010
This is the most poignant of Osho's books! It is breath takingly beautiful in its understanding of pure creativity. A must for all inspired by the soul. The words bring me to tears at times- love it!!!!!!