Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

When I first bought this book, I was doing a lot of consulting projects with subsidiaries of publicly quoted groups and I didn't get it at all.

Later when I got tired of the politics and started focusing my time and attention on helping business owners, I became something of a Jay Abraham addict. This book and the audio training, The Mastermind Marketing System by Jay Abraham (Nightingale Conant) are what got me hooked.

Both are brilliant because they give you insight into the author's profit opportunity mindset, while at the same time, basing the techniques in a set of strong ethical marketing beliefs based on doing right by your clients and customers. Jay Abraham stresses the importance of using the word client because they are under your protection, just like your solicitor or an accountant protects you.

The author is a big star in America with a stellar reputation that goes back to the 1970s through to the current times. He also has a nasty habit of charging exorbitant prices for seminars with some five day workshops costing $25,000 to attend.

In my opinion, any chance to get his ideas on the cheap should be taken and this book is an excellent place to start.

Jay Abraham has often been imitated by other marketing experts (including me) who pick up his ideas and shape them and update them but I don't think he's been bettered in terms of what to do and why.

I believe that this is an essential read for business owners, both those who are successful and those who are struggling and I believe it will inspire you.

About my book reviews - I aim to be a tough reviewer because the main cost of a book is not the money to buy it but the time needed to read it and absorb the key messages. 5 stars means that I think that overall it has some vital messages in it.

Paul Simister, business coach
on 6 January 2003
A hard book to define, an easy book to enjoy. It's not really personal development, but it's very inspirational. It's not a sales book, but you will discover how to sell more (individually and at an organisational level). It's not a marketing textbook, but it has some great ideas about marketing and branding a business (and yourself).
Very readable, with very easy-to-apply ideas. Typically American in a good way, ie: very motivational and enthusiastic -. Each chapter ends with an 'Action Steps' box that spells out how to implement the ideas.
If you're an entrepreneur running your own business, this book will be indispensable for growing your business. If you're a sales manager, this book will help you support and motivate your team; and if you're a salesperson, you'll get ideas that will help you increase your personal production.
on 30 May 2012
I first heard about Jay Abraham on a 3 day marketing workshop I attended. I bought this book and then every other book, tape and CD set I could find by the author.

Jay is a very likeable character who says he was forced to be successful because he found himself married with 6 children early in life. He has worked his way up from helping small companies to the very biggest in the world. He also runs seminars all over the world.

This book is simply packed with easy-to-follow marketing ideas which you can apply immediatley to effectively market your business to make it stand out from the competition. I used many of Jays ideas to grow my business from scrach in a crowded market winning many blue chip clients in the process. I eventually sold the business after 6 years and started another one.

Forget any other marketing book with clever titles and forget wasting money on all the stuff which doesn't work such as telesales, direct mail and exhibitions. Buy this book, take action and you will be fine. If you want to learn how to automate your business in order to sell it also buy the E-Myth.

Paul Browning
on 12 October 2003
Jay Abraham is recognised by leaders of global companies such as Federal Express as being THE marketting Guru! He normally charges $3000 per hour for his services, which puts the price of this book into perspective!
If you approach this book with an open mind and a willingness to learn, you'll get more than you can imagine out of it. Jay's ideas regularly turn businesses around.
So to all business owners out there (excpet my competitors!) BUY THIS BOOK!!! :-)
on 3 October 2001
a great book! it's full of ideas that will kick start something positive in your life. in business, it will make you think in ways you have not before. money making ideas galore! splendid!
on 22 August 2016
Great book for getting insight into where you can make more money, find more leads and improve the way you run your business. Well worth a read!
on 10 October 2014
An engaging author with a message we've heard him tell many a time; getting dated
on 10 February 2016
Very good
on 16 July 2004
I was recommended this book and since then I have passed it one to many close friend. If you are looking to kick-start you mind and business this is the book for you!
The text is both easy on the eye and well printed. The style of writing also makes this an excellent choice for all levels.
This is an great choice for all those who want and strong practical guide into marketing and sales.
William Laitinen
on 1 December 2010
An easy to read and inspiring book, certainly gave me a lot of new marketing ideas and made the whole scary process of selling onesself out there a lot simpler