on 15 May 2010
This simple little book took me back to my childhood when simple things were appreciated. The illustrations are wonderful, I am now almost 88,but still enjoyed it again!
on 24 February 2012
A lovely read for my 6 yr old girl, just long enough to maintain interest in the story and a joy to read all J Herriot books.
on 6 January 2013
Typically James Herriot - that is to say, warm and gentle, true to life with a touch of poignancy and sadness but reassuringly happy and well within a child's understanding. My grand-daughter (5) loves it - and so do I. Neither of us has a cat.
on 25 January 2013
I don't really like cats, but I love this book. I used to have this book when I was little, and now I read it to my little girl, only trouble is that I'm in floods of tears near the end!
on 13 January 2014
I used to read this story to my daughter and niece. Have just bought the book for my niece to read to her daughters. Sad story but a lovely one.
on 19 May 2013
This book is in excellent condition. It will be read over and over again. It is an excellent choice for older people to read to young children
on 11 February 2014
Excellent condition, great book
Arrived on time. One of a series and we now have the two full sets for both houses of grandchildren.
on 8 October 2015
Great story. my book is trashed - not good used
review image review image