on 1 August 2014
This book by Steve and Megumi Biddle is excellent. I like the clear structures in this book - modular, puzzle, storytelling, practical, Kasane, symmetry, delightful animals and celebrated extinct animals. This book contains some simple models, yet it also challenges you with more complicated models. This book is valuable as you'll always find models to fold easily on a rainy day, and it also stretches your ability and tests your patience. Would I ever achieve the Tyrannosaurus (31 steps)? Well, I might. Megumi Biddle's diagrams are clear. I'm impressed by many of the couple's origami books.
on 19 July 2010
This book is packed with a wide range of models from different origami artists.
There are traditional and modern at a range of levels of difficulty from child to fairly advanced.
Puzzles, modular and realistic animals are abundant. I can't wait to try out the storytelling models.
Diagrams are clear and logical. They are fairly easy to follow - I haven't had to ask my daughter to help me, as I often do with origami instructions.
Very good value for the large number of models included.
on 13 September 2013
The New Origami is suitable for all levels of folders, from those that have just started origami to those with more advanced skills. There are lots of models, from simple ones suitable for beginners to larger more complex models, all with very clear instructions.
on 17 July 2015
The book arrived very quickly! It's a great book, though not so much for beginners. Great for Mastering Origami!