on 12 February 2014
This bible is brilliant, I'm so glad I purchased it. The leather covering is lovely and smooth, and the colour is neutral so it would be suitable for both males and females. It isn't quite pocket sized, but it isn't too large to fit into a bag or maybe even a large coat pocket. In my opinion it is perfectly sized to carry to Church and around in my bag. I agree that the text is rather small, but for those like me who have good eye sight (and don't wear glasses yet) it isn't a problem. In addition, I love the red lettering throughout the gospels to indicate the words that Jesus spoke. It is the kind of Bible I have been looking for for yeas, and I've finally found it :)
VINE VOICEon 4 May 2013
I was looking for an NIV to give away with a font size large enought to be read by someone over 19 - this seems to be it. It is well priced in a stable hardback and ideal to stock as a give away item. It would have been better in a non-brown cover, but hey - it's cheap!
on 18 January 2017
Ordered on behalf of a friend.
on 29 December 2014
Great Bible with large print and by Zondervan a Good Bible maker
on 9 August 2017
Perfectly satisfied with the product and service. Thank you
on 21 July 2011
This is a handy-sized version of the new NIV translation. (Why didn't they give it a different name other than 'NIV' to distinguish it from the old one?). It contains gender-inclusive language where appropriate, which I like and takes account of scholarship since the original was written in 1978. The version I was sent is an American English version, which is a shame as I live in the UK, and occasionally I have to do some translation (eg 'Cockerel' instead of 'rooster' at Jesus' trial narratives).

The text size is VERY small. It is clear, but this is the first Bible I have owned where I need to use reading glasses to read it comfortably. I would not use it for reading out in public because of the text size, but for personal reading it is good.
on 3 February 2012
Gift Bible-NIV

This Bible is so lovely! The binding is great, and the product arrived in good time. The leather is also sturdy, and I think it's a Bible that will last for a long time. It's even especially good as a man's gift too. Though I believe ladies will love the unique colour as well.

My previous Bible had larger font so I'm getting used to the print but it's not too small for a comfortable read.
I was surprised to even find the Words of Christ written in red and it boasts a relevant & sizeable Dictionary & Concordance. Although it does not have any maps.

I'll recommend this NIV Gift Bible, and it's for a very good price too!
on 19 June 2017
This 'large print' book failed to live up to its description. This bible was a gift for my father. When I gave it to him, he was clearly unable to read the print, yet he is fine with the many other large print books he owns. I followed the returns process, explaining why I was returning the book. I received no comment on my feedback, just blunt instructions on how to return. No humanity shown, very disappointing product and service.
on 24 December 2008
This book is nicely leather bound making it nice to hold and durable. The print is reasonable and chapters are easily indexed in the front and it also contains some brief study notes,glossary and overview of life in new testament times. I have found this book an excellent aid to study having just come to faith.
on 5 March 2012
A friend was unable to read her Bible in normal print size, but is able to read this with no problem.
Because the paper is thin, the print inevitably shows through, but to use thicker paper would render the Bible very heavy and bulky, so this is a reasonable compromise.