on 6 June 2012
I have used the Life Application NIV bible for years as the textual notes/profiles etc make understanding the bible so much easier, but it is a huge and heavy book to lug around. I got a Kindle 9 months ago and love it, so naturally, the opportunity to combine the two was irresisitable...even at over £16. I had concerns that the navigation facility would be difficult and slow as the sample I downloaded did not allow exploration of this but this is not the case. I use a one-year reading system, so at one sitting I go from Old Testament, to New Testament, then Psalms and then Proverbs and although to get from one book to another requires going to the contents table, this can be done quickly. The links to the notes for each verse is one touch back and forth and as easy to use as the paper version, I am very pleased with this. An added bonus with the kindle version is the ability to one touch click to any cross ref. With the paper version, this would require manually looking it up. There is no search facility to take you directly to a given book & verse but as stated before, the navigation via the contents table is quick and takes me no longer than flicking through the books in the paper version. The only downside I have found is that the timelines and maps don't work at all! This is not a major issue for me as I rarely use them and still have the paper version if I need them. The convienience of having all this information in such a portable form has made this well worth the money for me.
on 14 August 2017
good
on 23 March 2017
This lovely Bible was a much appreciated Christmas present for my brother-in-law.
Easily understood explanations of the Bible and for studying any aspect of it.
on 29 January 2017
Just to let you know, I have not received this item until now! If you could please check. Thank you
on 29 May 2013
This is a super versin supported by lots of background and as the title says, life application. Just wish the indexing was a little better and the NIV text was based on the original.
on 23 December 2014
One of the very best translations with good enlightening notes
on 14 April 2017
This is the best bible study to buy if you wish to gain in depth knowledge of scripture
on 29 January 2013
It is exactly what i wanted, there is nothing else to say its a bible you either love it or hate it. I love it
on 4 July 2013
I'm enjoying the stuff in the books. There are nice educated books and I like the knife server for my aunt's wedding.
on 12 October 2015