on 13 August 2012
I read "The Purpose Driven Life" about 5 years ago after going through a time of considerable upheaval in my life. I had lost my health and had to give up my job abroad and return to the UK. I had also been away from God for about 4 years and then returned to faith, but was still needing direction and affirmation.

This book helped me to refocus on what what is most important in serving God. After a failed stint in ministry, I was suspicious of Christian people telling me what to do or what to be, but Rick Warren avoids the temptation to pigeonhole people and instead encourages them to listen to the desires and dreams God has placed in their hearts, and to look at whom God has made them to be. For me, this was transformative: I began formulating a vision which has grown over time and has always been in line with my God-given passions rather than any kind of formula, tradition or other people's ideas. For a while, the fun had gone out of my Christian life, but what has followed my reading of this book has been exciting, fulfilling and thrilling!

In short, this book has gone a long way towards restoring me, and helped me to discover God's plan for my life. If you have had enough of being a pew-warmer or are trying to get to grips with God's plan for you, this book will help no end!
20 people found this helpful
on 9 July 2017
I bought this extra copy as a gift for my brother.
So many people wonder about their purpose and this philosophical question finds an answer in this book. It's wonderfully clear and easy to read and with an open mind, one may find that it helps to make sense of the world in which we live.
2 people found this helpful
on 12 November 2017
Clear and concise. Feeling challenged after reading this book. A selfish life cannot be a fulfilling life. The goal is to serve others.
on 4 March 2015
I was looking for Purpose Driven Life, and it isn't very clear that this is a mere shadow of Rick's original book. That said, this is short, sharp, and to the point. It is a nice, well written, easy read. And most importantly, I learned from it. It fed my soul.
I recommend it - it didn't get 5 stars because I think I will be recommending Purpose Driven Life more highly.
on 2 September 2014
This book was far smaller than I expected but is actually a perfect size. I have enjoyed going though the daily sections in a tea break with a friend at work and it has started some great conversations. I like how they are quick to read and are straight to the point.
3 people found this helpful
on 27 September 2017
Arrived as stated and well packaged. Albeit the book I purchased was used it was in very good condition, can't wait to start reading. Thanks.
on 25 March 2017
I did this book with my study group. All agreed that it changed our attitude to life. Recommended highly.
on 30 January 2018
I've got the full version of this book and its amazing but this is just the pamphlet type version. I didn't read the small print
on 9 April 2018
This is a great book if you want Bible study. I hadn't realised it would refer to the Bible and Christianity as much as it did. Not for me, but probably perfect for someone looking to understand what the Bible means.
on 27 November 2016
It will change your view on life whether you are a Christian or not! I've read it before and bought this book for another friend as a birthday gift. Arrived quickly too!