on 13 August 2016
A wonderful book, through which the Holy Spirit affirms those called to leadership, whether they're just entering ministry or have been in it for decades. Impossible to put down
on 15 June 2017
I LOVE this book. Bill Hybels is an amazing writer and leader and he shares really valuable lessons.
on 16 February 2017
Great book!
on 6 November 2014
A really good read by all standards - very informative and relevant to the subject. Just wondering now, how come I am only chancing on it now. Good stuff. I also recommend one titled “Doing Business with God” – here’s a link:

on 8 March 2011
This book was just what I had been looking for.

As a Christian and a consultant, I had been looking for ways to help my own church and struggling with a concern about the applicability of management tools to developing a church. Bill Hybels demonstrates that the Church can benefit from the sensitive use of such disciplines in order to organise itself effectively and grow. Well worth reading if you want to see your church thrive.
on 29 April 2009
I absolutely loved this book. I'm not in any sort of leadership but it really inspired me about the Acts concept of church, and how we can bring it back! I read about 1/4 of it on the train without stopping and came away buzzing. It's the sort of book that makes me want to get up in the mornings.

Recommended for any Christian who is in leadership (whether of a church or not) or anyone who has a vision to revolutionise church.
on 20 March 2003
Full of practical advice taken from his years at Willow Creek I commend this book to all involved in Christian Leadership. Although primarlily pointed towards those leaders who have the senior role in a church there is plenty here for all involved in leadership at whatever level. A must buy! A must read!
on 23 March 2014
I bought this book because of leadership values we are looking at in my local church. Willow Creek is a very large congregation in US and Biil Hybels a renowned pastor/author. The book does not disappoint. Although Willow Creek has huge numbers; the ideas on leadship/stewardship can easily be adapted to smaller churches; its all about stretching and growing each individual as well as corporately.
on 1 May 2012
This book is an excellent book for church leaders and anyone who is interested in the church fulfillings its potential.I pastor a congregation of above 500 people in Croydon, South london, UK and after reading this book bought 5 additional copies for our core leaders. Highly reccommended.
on 22 September 2011
This book is a must have if you are a leader or aspiring to be one. This book as helped me tremendously in developing a deeper relationship with those who I lead and as helped me to understand peoples individual gifts and how best to use them.