on 27 December 2015
I bought this book to help me as I'm learning how to cope with life after the death of my teenage daughter from the side-effects of her cancer treatment. Ann Voskamp writes in very flowery, poetic language which I have found to be something of an “acquired taste”. I prefer a more direct, down to earth style.

Having said all of that, her book is very good and I’m learning a lot from her.

Ann suffered many adverse experiences in life including witnessing her little sister being knocked down and killed by a truck. She has struggled emotionally, but she eventually learned the importance of giving thanks to God for the many good things that we have in our lives.

This book really is about so much more than this, it’s also about finding God in the everyday moments of our daily lives. I have found this a very helpful way to look at things. I recommend visiting Ann Voskamp's website also as she has many other inspiring products. I write a more detailed review on my blog: https://victoriawhyte.wordpress.com/2015/02/17/one-thousand-gifts/
on 16 January 2018
I love to read ... and my faith is the core of my being. I keep a gratitude journal and this book was recommended by a friend - to add to my gratitude journey.
Her ideas are good but oh my gosh, what a confusing writing style. It's taking me ages to get through this book ..... and I'm only still reading it due to the basic concept in the book which I am passionate about.
Her writing style is certainly not for me!!!
I would never recommend this book!!!
on 25 September 2017
This book was a huge encouragement. I can take negative thinking or just the daily always behind, too much to do, nobody sees me, overwhelming thoughts - and turn those into a perspective of thankfulness and gratitude. And shows that it is possible. I found it has been like medicine for my soul – much needed - practised regularly – daily – makes all the difference in my relationship with others with myself and with God. Thanks Ann.
on 21 January 2016
Love this book. This inspired me to write 100 things I love about my family, individually. They were overwhelmed and also loved this book. It's beautiful and meaningful and her writing style is very unique. Highly recommend if you're tired of the usual Christian books.
on 17 February 2017
Some interesting ideas but her rather bizarre cod-poetic language defeated my in the end. I've only made it halfway through and I doubt I'll finish it. However, I got the gist sufficiently and its sparked some conversations.
on 12 August 2017
I love the idea of a gratitude journal. I write in one each day and nearly have 2000 things! I'm also someone who is quite spiritual, has faith and believes in God. I found this book a bit too religious and deep for me. I think it's very well written and amazing but personally it wasn't for me.
on 11 March 2016
I started the first DVD session and thought "O no!, not another mawkish speaker"

HOW WRONG I WAS!!!

This is a most moving series from a woman who has experienced many different problems and joys in life. Our small group were moved and it sparked a good response using the study guide.
on 15 February 2018
Inspirational. Very timely find.....wish I had read this years ago.
on 12 March 2016
'One Thousand Gifts' is an excellently written book that challenges every believer to live life to the fullest by discovering the blessing of grace and by learning to thank God in every situation. It is written like a biography, in that the insights are based on personal experiences.
I highly recommend this book.
on 27 January 2017
This book has totally changed how I live. Since I started to count the blessings/gifts during my day, I am so much happier. I love this new way of living and recommend it to everyone!