on 25 September 2017
This book is inspiring and brilliant, yet Ravi never talks down to his readers. He is a modest genius and a leader for people who like to think.
on 16 April 2018
A good book with much substantial apologetics. It strengthens your faith and speaks so much of the fact their must be a God just by reading the rebuttal of humanistic/ atheistic flawed thinking
on 1 September 2012
This book was passed to me by a fellow Christian. I have known of Ravi Zacharias for many years, although this is the first of his books I have read, and I respect him as a scholar and as a Christian believer.

Having read several books in the past that deal with similar topics, I really appreciated reading this one. I found Ravi's arguments to be rational, polite and sincere, even when he clearly opposes the arguments of the new atheists. Although Ravi is clearly a philosopher - from a school of academia whose writings I find difficult to understand - I found The End of Reason easy to read and understand. That said, there are sections that were not always easy to grasp at a first reading, and warranted a second, more careful, perusal.

I recommend this book for the coherent, well-reasoned discussion that it provides. It exposes the contradictions and bias that are among the hallmarks of new atheism - or secularism, for that matter - in a logical manner. That said, my favourite sentence is: 'And I strongly suspect that Jesus would have said, "Whose portrait and inscription are on you?"'
5 people found this helpful
on 2 December 2012
I purchased this book via Kindle and enjoyed it so much I have purchased a copy for my friend for Christmas, I love to read Ravi Zacharias books or listen to him on the radio.
Its not a very long book to read so if you enjoy him and dont like to read a thick book then its right up your street.
Ravi is very gifted, spiritual man, and has dealt with difficult situations in his life growing up, its easily understood, as I know he can go very deep into matters of the divine, and his praise is all God centered, which I like also.
on 31 January 2014
This is really a very good book for many who desire to know more about questions that are hardly answered...
on 8 November 2014
A superb book, well written and understandable!
2 people found this helpful
on 5 October 2012
Well written, and clear and concise. A must for anyone wishing to engage in this important arena. Ravi's thought processes are clear to follow and are presented so beautifully - almost poetically. Would recommend this to anyone.
One person found this helpful
on 29 January 2012
This is far and away the worse response to the New Atheism. It is an ill-tempered rant which must have taken all of a few hours to write. Alister McGrath is far better - he manages to respond to the New Atheism with intelligence and grace.
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 11 June 2009
A short, passionate and brilliant response to Sam Harris's 'End of Faith'. Logically, experentially and empirically wipes the floor with Harris. Full of quotable quotes. For example citing Viktor Frankl "I am absolutely convinced that the gas chambers of Auschwitz, Treblinka, and Maidanek were ultimately prepared not in some Ministry or other in Berlin, but rather at the desks and in the lecture halls of nihilistic scientists and philosophers". The only problems I have with the book are that it is too American and seems to be written only for that market. Also I think the ending is not as strong as it could have been. But otherwise it ranks just below Mere Christianity and The Reason For God as one of the best apologetic books.
12 people found this helpful
on 15 July 2009
I'm rather sorry to have to disagree so strongly with the other reviewers, but is not the greatest contribution to the God debate. In fact, despite some interesting observations, overall it is really rather shallow indeed. And I say this as a Christian who broadly agrees with Zacharias' conclusions, just not his arguments for reaching them, at least the manner in which he states those arguments (again, superficially). One might respond that Zacharias' primary interlocutor, Sam Harris, is even more superficial, but then two wrongs don't make a right. Try God's Undertaker: Has Science Buried God? by John Lennox instead.
15 people found this helpful