Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 19 November 2004
Written in McLaren's easy narrative style this book explores how to do evangelism by being a spiritual friend, walking with somebody on their journey, not trying to lead but just to be there listening and caring. He illustrates this with the story of his interaction, largely through e-mails, with 'Alice', who he met briefly and who he nurtured through her struggle to faith.
Richard Seel.
14 people found this helpful
on 25 February 2015
Great!
on 1 July 2004
I am in Christian ministry and have to deal with issues of evangelism every day. Believe me, it can get depressing. McLaren's book is the best book on the subject that I've read in...well...maybe ever. It opens a huge window and breathes into this beleagured area of Christian responsibility life, and, yes, even joy. He doesn't particularly present methods of evangelism. Rather, he addresses the whole way of looking at it in our increasingly postmodern world. A whole new approach...that is really as old as Jesus himself. I bought a copy for all of my coworkers. I feel it spells H-O-P-E for Christian evangelism in this new age. Buy it! Read it! Do it! Your friends as yet without faith in Christ will thank you for it.
20 people found this helpful