Customer reviews

on 17 July 2017
I've given this book to several people and read it over and over. Gire has such a way of pointing us away from the study of theology to living in the presence and awareness of Christ. Through short stories and chapters, Gire helps us to see the Saviour as present in our everyday activities......Emanuel...God with us.
on 24 August 2017
Timeless classic.
on 9 December 2015
Good product speedy service
on 17 April 2017
Years of love and appreciation for this book :)
on 3 August 2015
As described thank you
on 22 December 2013
This book will open your eyes and help you connect to God. You will find yourself reading it over and over again.
on 27 March 2013
This is a book worth buying and reading. If you like to be inspired then this is a great book to read
on 25 September 1999
I am an avid reader, and have worked for around five years in a christian bookshop. In that time I have read a considerable volume of contemporary christian literature, but "Windows of the Soul" by Ken Gire would have to be among my top five books.
So many christian books are formulaic, and after you've read a handful, you hear the same concepts explained and the same verses quoted. Gire, however, has written a book that is challenging, and yet easy to read. A book that suggests to the reader that there are more ways to experience God than in church, prayer or bible study.
Gire maintains that the hand of God can be seen in so many ways in the world around us and in the lives of other people. These "sightings" are what Gire refers to as windows.
If you are looking to experience God in new ways, or are seeking after God and have no clue as to where to begin, Windows of the Soul is an excellent starting point.
10 people found this helpful
on 17 August 2009
I picked this book up in a charity shop and am so glad I did. It offers another way of interpreting things that happen to us and hearing God speak. Gire can be at times perhaps too American in how he expresses himself for British tastes but fundamentally he speaks from the heart and opens up a variety of other ways of hearing from God. For example he talks about using our responses to memories, art, movies, tears and wilderness times to undertand what God is saying to us and about us.

If you are feeling God is absent or remote, this book will re-invigorate your hope.
One person found this helpful
on 1 February 2011
This is the third book I have read written by Ken Gire. It has been a life-changing read and I enjoyed it so much I bought a second copy as a present for a friend. I have enjoyed Ken Gire's writings. His style is easy to read but has the capacity to give food for thought, to challenge my thinking and at the same time bring comfort. This book has helped me on my spiritual journey to rediscover that God is in the everyday stuff of life!
One person found this helpful