on 1 April 2016
It's got a good message behind it and I'm so pleased to have my 'feelings' that I want to use to guide my life choices...however, it's a bit too wordy for my liking and I only got about a third of the way through before I just stopped and recycled it. Great principle but for me it falls slightly short of what I would have liked...
on 31 July 2017
I hate this. Never got past the first five pages. It's really busy and boring. Too many stories!
on 21 May 2012
The most inspirational personal development book ever. The words jump off the page, Danielle inspires you to take control of your life, to take action. She gets you to dig really deep, aasking you questions that no-one has ever asked you before. She gets you to see whats really important...YOU!
on 22 April 2017
If you want to start your own business with soul it's a must read
on 13 April 2017
I absolutely loved this book. It is inspirational and motivational. I was so impressed by Danielle Laporte's writing that I also bought 'The Desire Map' for my own use and as a gift for valued friends.
on 28 May 2015
Great book
on 24 January 2015
Beautiful, clear, grounded, Soulful.
on 1 April 2012
I am one of those who have followed Danielle on Twitter for a while now, subscribed to her blog and purchased The Firestarter Sessions when it was still only available as an e-programme. When I saw that she was bringing out The Firestarter Sessions as a book, I knew I'd buy it, but I didn't honestly expect it to be all the different from the programme I'd already purchased, read, re-read and recommended to anyone who would listen to me!

Danielle's described it as akin to the moment when Dorothy moves from black and white to glorious technicolor, and I would agree that the book is both the same as the original and oh so much better. Which is saying something, cos it was really excellent to begin with.

Here, we find the prose polished to a sparkling shine, the structure improved with a greater coherence and new anecdotes added and old anecdotes fleshed out and juiced up. Overall, I found her book accessible, exciting, inspiring and highly motivating. Seriously, if this doesn't get your mojo moving, nothing will.

The book is divided into 3 sections: Mojo, Moxie & Results covering everything from money & time to dreaming, fear, failure, desire and my personal favourite - the metrics of ease (What would your life be like if you did only what was easy?)

Oh, and the other thing I should say - The Firestarter Sessions isn't just for entrepreneurs - it's for everyone. Danielle will reconnect you to your inner flame with grace, humility, clarity and humour - a truly dynamic combination.
on 10 March 2017
This is a well laid out, easy to read book. It's a little bit American (but not overly so). There is lots of white space and clear headings, so although it is a big book it doesn't feel heavy going. There are pages of description of Daniella's concepts - then some self-probing questions - but helpfully also some example answers. Often you think everyone thinks like you, so it is interesting to see 'sample answers' as it probably isn't what you were thinking.

I got about halfway through the book and felt so uplifted, confident and on the right path (totally not how i'd felt just a few weeks before) that I got a new job, feel on top of the world - and obviously am so busy now that haven't got around to finishing it. I know I should!

The main difference with this book is talking about / identifying how you want to feel (as opposed to material goals). This is a new concept for me, and helps me see how everyone has a different version of success, and why it is important to find your own definition, so you can chase that down - not someone else's. Following conventional goals (nice house, nice car - whatever) might not actually make you happy, so you'll spend your life chasing happiness and satisfaction, always finding it elusive. If that sounds like you - this book could really help you unlock what you really want.

Another core aspect of the book is about identifying what you are good at that is unique to you. About pursuing what comes naturally to you, so life doesn't feel like such a slog. It's another nice approach - I wish all kids were brought up to find their natural inner genius, I've always avoided stuff that was easy believing I didn't deserve it, or having learned that 'anything worth having is hard to get' whereas actually maybe where I can add the most value is in stuff that I find easy. That was quite a turning point for me and has helped me embrace who i am, rather than who I think i should be.
on 2 April 2012
If you want to feel motivated and inspired to do what you love most,then read this.Danielle LaPorte takes ideas from many excellent sources such as "Women who run with the Wolves",Julia Cameron,Martha Beck and other top coaches and presents it in an in your face/take it or leave it way.There's no padding and useful,straightforward ideas.It's targeted at generation Xers and it shows.The presentation is artfull and the writing speaks one on one.Worth buying if you haven't other similar books.