on 30 October 2017
Very enjoyable. I’ve only just started reading Bill Bryson’s books (not sure why it has taken me so long) and now can’t stop. Turns out he’s as good as everyone says. Am working my way through his backlist. Love his wry humour. I’m sure he could make the phone book funny.
on 27 August 2017
Easy to ready and to get a new understand of our universe. Bryson makes the science interesting and relatable. As always very witty and funny writing.
on 5 August 2017
Not THAT short tbh. And there's loads of things that aren't included. But good for youngsters as a primer about the world.
on 26 August 2017
Fascinating from beginning to end. So much research imparting so much knowledge - and learning for the reader.
on 7 August 2017
I love Bill Bryson books, but this one has been the only exception so far. I just could not get into it! I think it may be the subject matter for me personally; I prefer his travel stories and even the more recent history discussed in At Home. However if the history of space and matter is your kind of thing, this may indeed be the book for you.
on 13 July 2014
This book should be standard reading in schools. i originally borrowed this book from a friend, after reading it the first time, I had to get myself a copy, 3 actually. I have the paper back, the Kindle and audio versions of this amazing book. As a writer, Mr Bryson has an easy to read style of writing you don't find in most text books.
on 30 October 2017
Buckle have to go back and read it few times though as it’s a lot to take in all at once
on 13 April 2017
Excellent book for those who want to know how we are made up, the universe and all that surrounds it. Learned a lot but was amused too.
on 3 August 2017
Enjoy his books and proves to be a good coffee table read, thank you.
on 17 August 2017
Wonderful as I have come to expect from Bill Bryson! It is a shame I did not have a teacher like him for science at high school.