Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 July 2013
This is a great book. Lots of inspiration, ideas to get going and information about various mediums. Great ideas to overcome creative block too! I would recommend this book to beginners or more experienced artists.
on 4 June 2013
The book is sketchbook shaped and feels accessible and inspiring. The book has themes, illustrated by different artists, each clearly demonstrating a mixed media technique. I have several books like this but the challenge of fixed themes has opened my artistic block!
on 2 January 2013
The book has 'bump started' me into action. It is a useful resource that i can share with others, particularly those starting out on developing creative sketchbooks.
on 11 December 2013
if i'd paid full price for this book i'd not have been pleased at all. it is a simplistic book, and not very inspiring. i found it quite dated, basic, and a bit flat to be honest. the pictures and illustrations are okay, but nothing special. i've used the book for general reference for art journaling, but don't tend to use it much.
on 9 February 2013
Pleased with this book, although I love making my own sketchbooks and filling them with my ideas, sometimes I just need someone or something else to give me a push in a certain direction. I like this because it is different from other sketchbook books!
on 19 September 2013
Sketchbooks were my main thing in School at GCSE and ALevel in which I passed with A*, foundation Art & Design and then also a Fine Art degree, I carried my sketchbooks everywhere and usually produced up to and over 15 in a year, some for drawing and sketches others for texture experiements, colour experiements, so these ones were normally so fat and bulky I couldnt carry them. Decided to buy this book just to see what It was like, its ok nothing amazing or special and have seen better things produced at GCSE standard. nice book I wont say no but there are much better books for sketchbook inspiration than this. I was expecting more things, more ideas, i liked the pages filled with textures creations ideas, this book seemed quite bland, over rated over hyped
on 27 January 2013
This book meets my needs and inspires me. I needed a kick start to get going again after the festive season.
on 22 May 2013
Will have hours and hours of creative fun with this book and will unlock many more ideas and techniques to try.
on 28 March 2013
Was a bit concerned that I wouldn't get the same inspiration from a kindle book of this nature, but either because of the way it is put together or just because it is a very simple ideas book that holds your hand through various techniques, it was no less enjoyable than a printed book would have been. I am quite arty but have a fear of drawing. I am hopeful that this book will get be over my fear of drawing!
on 1 January 2013
I really enjoyed reading and trying out the suggested exercises in this book. It's great for those times when you feel 'blocked' and unsure where to go with an idea, simple and straightforward.