on 29 August 2010
Loved this book, the patterns and garments are beautiful although I think it is aimed at the younger 'Big Girls' I will definitely knit some things from this book. My only disappointment is that most patterns are explained using a chart, which I have not used before and it is assumed that one knows how to use charts. It would have been useful to know that the book is American, that the sizes, yarns and needle sizes are American and that the patterns are all on charts.
I am a huge fan of the original Big Girl Knits book, but I was quite disappointed in More Big Girl Knits. Some of the patterns are a complete let-down - huge, ugly ruffly flowers that would just add bulk to an otherwise beautiful neckline?! WHY!?! - and others are just ugly. Luckily, there are a few saving graces, otherwise it would be getting a lot less than three stars, and placed back up for sale.
on 15 February 2014
They expound the theories of knitting for big girls very well, yet somehow none of their patterns entice me. The cover cardi is an example of how they have thought about the pattern carefully, tried to get vertical patterning, put a frill around the neck to draw attention. Yet the result is a bulky unflattering garment.
I guess the most useful part is the encouragement to design your own.
on 26 January 2011
Big Girl Knits is a knitting book for us bigger girls sizes from Large to 5X.
It is full of patterns that you'd wear every day.
Coming from a family of large ladies this was a must for me. As soon as the ladies in my family had a look they have had me knitting non-stop since.
My personal fav is the hooded cable jacket.
Lovely and warm and looks wonderful on..., I've knitted it in red, as shown in the book, and black.
There are a lot of hints and tips for us bigger girls on what to wear, what not to and how to adapt garments to your size, my family and I found it really informative.
All I can say is; Best knitting book ever......., whole heartedly recomend. :)
on 1 May 2009
I just love this book. It leads you through resizing, how to find your style, how to make the most of your body shape.Even if you never knit any of the patterns it is a bible for any 'big girl'
on 5 May 2009
I bought this edition together with the original Big Girl Knits. And am very happy. There are project ideas as well as the really important information about how to properly take your measurements, and how to adjust your (any) patterns to create an item that really fits your shape. Not just important for knitting clothing for big girls in my opinion.
Clear instructions and templates included (you could photocopy if you dont want to write in the book) for working out all the mathamatics.
on 29 May 2009
A very good range of designs. Found 4or5 That were directly applicable, and a number of others that could be made to work.
A very good buy indeed!
on 30 January 2014
I bought this book with the first one (same title, but no "more"). Together, I have enough curvy girl sized patterns to keep me going for a very long time.
on 30 April 2014
All went as well as it could go with this order. No delay, item arrived in condition as described and I have no reason for complaint.
on 29 March 2013
I Love It... The patterns are fab! The Pics are brilliant too.
I have the 2 books now.... is there a number 3???