on 12 April 2010
TBH, I am quite disappointed by this product.

My main irritation is the way that the coordinates are listed for every item available in the game. Whilst an entire list sounds great they are in a very strange order.

As an example all the Oil Drum locations are listed together. Now, whilst this might help in certain circumstances what I suspect is likely to be needed and indeed what I need is the location of items based on the settlement in the game.

In some cases I am 1 or 2 items away from 100 percent within a settlement but have no idea as to which item I am missing or indeed from the book where it is.

The list of items doesnt seem to be in any specific order within each category either. So in the list of Oil Drums when you list them out they are all over the place rather than being in a clearly defined order.

This was a massive opportunity to really give a definitive view on the game to the maximum effect and I think the opportunity has been missd. It has also been rushed in to production so some very unecessary typos are still present within the book.

My only option would be to scan all the coordinates in to the pc and then sort them in to some sort of order.

Just my opinion though of course and I might be being thick when reading it but seems poor to me.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 February 2016
This is probably one of the most useful strategy guides I have ever bought. This guide is very detailed and comprehensive and can help you finish quests faster, and complete the game the most efficient way possible.
on 16 May 2010
I find myself agreeing with the previous reviews-a lot of space is given over to lists of coordinates that are not very useful. Naturally most players will be collecting or destroying the required assets as they go along during some of the missions- if you are only a few percentage points short in some areas and can't find what it is you need to complete that village or base, a list of numbers when you don't even know what you are looking for is off-putting. In fact I could see a lot of time being wasted sitting down with a list and going to each co-ordinate to see whether or not you have already gotten the asset- surely a more sensible way would be to list each village and base and the assets they have rather than just all silos, radar, masts etc together. In that way it would be more like playing a game and enjoying rather than just trudging through elements and coming to hate Just Cause 2 because of it.
Because so much of the book is given over to the co-ordinate lists there is less room dedicated to different strategies for passing missions. Normally I like to complete a mission and then see what the book suggests to see if I could have done it differently and in many occassions I nailed it far more quickly and in an easier manner than suggested by the guide.
I normally judge such offerings on a number of elements- for example asking myself if I would have been able to get 100% without having bought it.I would have to say I would have, and probably quicker than following the layout in the guide. It is reasonably useful in trying to ensure you get all 104 vehicles because each one is illustrated but again simply diving in and out of cars, boats etc in the course would probably achieve this, maybe not as quickly. It also helps in finding the colonels but again I had taken out 41 of the 50 before even thinking of looking them up in the book.

The book is well illustrated so from a style point of view looks well but I am more interested in content and substance. Generally I think the Holy Grail of Strategy Guides have always been the Grand Theft Auto series, which are normally a prerequisite to beat the game 100% and I don't think the Just Cause 2 guide is as vital. In a slightly different format it could have made reaching 100% completion easier, but as it is seems quite counterproductive. I am the first to admit that while I love my game playing, I am not the world's greatest and always welcome a bit of help, and more committed and talented players probably scoff at the idea of strategy guides, I look on them as a way to enhance my enjoyment and when they can actually be a hindrance it is disappointing.
on 4 May 2010
I thought this book would give me a lot more info on locating difficult to find items like government assets, and the collection items such as weapon and vehicle parts, but it doesn't. Most of what is in the book is in the game program notes on disc. Therefore, the book is superfluous.
on 5 December 2010
A must if you want to achieve 100% in the game. Only minus is the coordinates are correct but really diffacult to use the map on the game to put them in. Would of been better if the game would allow you to type in coordinates rather then just moving the annalogue stick to find exact POI
on 11 October 2013
more of the same just cause action but in a new location. this guide cover everything you can do and all the mayhem that can be caused.
on 14 September 2013
Needed map was some pencil marks it does what it says on the tin great for finding hidden objects missions and vehicles
on 18 December 2014
with out this guide i would never have achieved 97%
on 4 September 2012
I have actiually used this guide yet, as I picked the game Plus the DLC chaeap on the Steam Summer sale. I have heard the game is quite fun and action packed and the mods for it on PC are fun so I picked up the guide specifically for the game on PC but as it was on sale (the game) the guide cost more the game! I am looking forward to gettig stuck into the game at some point.