on 2 April 2015
I have had this book about a month. I have used it to make a multi pattern panel blankets and so far have done 35 patterns,
I am finding it quite repetitious - making for almost the same pattern, just a bit deeper or wider. Also it leans heavily on cables I found no real pleating stitches and no border stitches or gathering. I also would would have preferred more multi coloured patterns. So overall I found this book not that helpful unless you are into a lot of cable! However, the patterns are easy to follow and the pictures are helpful.
on 24 January 2013
My son bought me this as a Xmas present and it is excellent. The patterns are very easy to follow as you are given written instructions aswell as graphs. I have now tried 5 of the patterns with no problems at all. Would definitely recommend for those who like to create their own knitting projects.
on 28 December 2014
Very quick delivery and some good patterns will make in interesting blanket.
on 12 April 2017
Love it EVERY pattern imaginable
on 18 October 2014
Excellent. One would be hard to please if one couldn't find a suitable stitch in this book.
on 5 March 2016
Well pleased going to make a big blanket with different squares
on 7 May 2013
I love - LOVE - this book. I had no idea so many different stitches and patterns existed.
To be honest, some of the more intricate patterns are probably not the easiest to get the hang of if you are a complete beginner (I am struggling with some of the written instructions.)
However, I would not let that put me off - combine the book with a couple of simple YouTube instruction videos (there are thousands out there) and the various techniques and patterns in the book are likely to make a lot more sense.
on 22 September 2015
Very interesting look forward to working my way throu the book learning to do all the stitches.
on 19 February 2013
Really good and comprehensive, have always knitted, but this is inspirational.
Who will I recommended it too, my daughter and granddaughters of course.
on 26 June 2012
This is a great book! Well worth the money. A book that every knitter, experienced or beginner, should have. Totally recomend it!