Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 12 February 2017
I have not yet made anything, so I cannot comment on the quality of recipes, but the story of how DAvid Chang got his training and started his restaurants is worth the price of the book. Fascinating and informative. More to come once I cook a few things!
on 20 February 2010
I'd have to say I'm biassed, since I'm Korean myself, that is also the reason I bought this cookbook. It's not a Korean cookbook, although it does have some Korean recipes. Most are or have some Asian background to them. For some real authentic Korean cooking, you should try making the kimchi. For this recipe (and some others) you will need some Korean ingredients. This might be quite difficult to find for most people though. If you're in the London area, just go to New Malden, where you'll find several small Korean supermarkets very easily. But I don't know for the rest of the country. A lot of the recipes take a lot of time, which you can wonder whether it's worth it, but you won't know till you try. Another note is to say there is some swearing in the book. I bought the book after having read the reviews on the US based Amazon, and some people say it's a lot. I don't think it's a lot and I'm not bothered by it, but if you are, you'd better not buy the book.
11 Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 October 2014
Pretty easy to follow these recipes. The pork belly recipe had me going for a while...
on 31 August 2015
Brilliant in so many ways - really to recommend
on 1 November 2015
Fantastic book, can't WAIT to start cooking!!!
on 14 July 2012
I bought this book as new having had it in my wish list for a while. After the long delay, I am pleased with the book- its beautifully done, pictures look great etc and the story of the restaurant opening and other restaurants in the group is interesting.

I would love Momofuku to open over in the UK so we could try their cuisine. If you are looking to buy this book, you should be aware that some of the recipes are quite complicated and require some obscure ingredients such as Dashi (a stock) however I have just found you can buy via Amazon.co.uk !!

However to be fair to the author, having bought books by David Thompson and Luke Nguyen, the search for ingredients is par for the course when trying to cook authentic Asian food - you need to plan in advance and set aside time to cook at a leisurely pace and the meals will be enjoyable.
on 29 December 2015
Made my Daughter-in-law very happy.
on 6 May 2015
Great book love David Chang
on 15 September 2016
Great book and great chef.
on 29 January 2013
his words, and unfortunately I have to agree. I was looking forward to this book,went to the local bookstore and skimmed through most of it, and was disappointed. 'Bad pseudo-fusion cuisine' it really is, sadly. lots of bling, lack of cookery.