on 17 August 2013
Thought this book would be very Americanised and products would be different. But it was very informative. And have applied many of jillians ideas to my life and I have felt a lot better.
on 4 January 2010
Adding to the previous reviews, Jillian has got to the heart of my life long problems PMS and an under active thyroid. She brought home to me that we put an unreasonable amount of chemicals into our bodies with out realising. It went deap and I have already changed my habits with no real effort.
on 17 December 2010
The book has a lot of interesting and useful information and is worth reading. Have seen some improvements within a few weeks by trying a few changes advised.
on 17 January 2015
It's really worth it. Includes very comprehensive information about what imparts our metabolism (you'll be surprised!) and a diet plan - so American! - but also simple tips for everyday life if you choose not to follow Ms Michaels' diet. Highly recommended.
on 21 April 2010
I got so engrossed in the information in this book I could not put it down and finished it in 2 days!! If you are unsure on how hormones & foods that you put into your body affect you then this book is for you. Highly recommend it.
on 4 October 2009
Jillian has got it down as to have a healthy body. This book is inspiring, eye opening and a must have to a healthy life. I bought for myself and then went and bought 3 more for friends!
on 12 January 2014
I do find it quite indepth, did not realise that it would be like this alot of information to take in before you get to the diet section on how the plan works. not sure if i would recommend it unless you have alot of time on your hands
on 21 November 2009
A quality book from the well respected Jillian Michaels. Detailed medical research facts throughout the book but relayed in Jillian's no nonsense approach.

I've read countless books on this subject and found Jillian's style incredibly easy to follow. The book is basically telling you to cut out processed, chemical laden foods and drinks. Also expelling the myths behind diet sodas and so called healthy foods.

If you are looking to lead a healthy life, then this book is a definite must.
VINE VOICEon 14 September 2009
I happened to see this book when i typed in biggest loser wii, looking for something to get me motivated on yet another fitness kick, now i love the show and all that but this woman just wound me up, slaping gillian would have been a good option if she was shouting at me like she does!. The thing that made me look again was the reveiw above. this is not about a diet to loose weight its how to get your body ready to loose weight, now im a nurse by trade and this book taught me alot of stuff i didnt know, ive been suffering from fluctuating hormones and thyroid problems for most of my life .also im under the hospital with an endocrinologist and all that hasnt helped me . this book has i feel better after 2 days and ill update this post as i go.gillian has just discovered that she didnt know half of this stuff and has just been diagnosed hypothyroid most of which was self inflicted by her crappy diet(yes even the supposedly knowledgable amongst us do not always practise what they preach). I now understand myself better and i have a newfound respect for this lady and her story, i thought the book would be one of those american be all you can be huggy books its not its all medical facts ,some you will use some will shock you.and she admits she used to be 50lbs heavier with bad skin just like the rest of us mortals.(id love to see the photos-- evil laugh) well done that girl and ive preordered the next book. thanks im converted im a fan LOL
22 Comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 October 2009
Enlightening information if a little heavy to get through, but very informative and well researched.