on 26 May 2012
After many failed attempts at romance I decided I needed a little help some insight into the male mind set , I was never a believer of 'playing the game' but I will be now , I have practised a couple of snippets of advice and they do work , still not entirely comfortable with the concept of the treat em mean to keep em keen but if that's what it takes then thats what it takes . I truly believe every teenager should be given a book like this to read before they embark dating it would save a lot of heartaches . I wanted a balanced view on these books so I ordered several and they do all basically say the same so you know it's not just one persons view on life and love , this particular book was well written and will be a constant source of future reference , until I have found Mr Perfect for me .
on 5 July 2011
If you've ever wondered why a great guy never rang you, or a mate back and asked you on a second date... then wonder no more! For less than a tenner, you can discover, page by page, the simple but costly mistakes that ALL women have made on those crucial first dates... and vow never to make them again.

To call this book "eye-opening" would be to sell it short. This book is, I believe, THE best book on dating. Why? Because the author has spoken to about 1,000 men asking them for the reasons why they didn't ask a woman for a second date. And, let me tell you that the reasons they give for not calling women back are truly enlightening.

It's not about pretending to be someone you're not... its about being far more aware of what you say and do on a first date (with a guy you think is great), to get a second date and more.

The book covers various different personality types of women and the "classic" dating mistakes that each type will make, and the simple behavioural changes you can make to ensure that the guy you fancy and want to call you again does just that.

Detaling numerous 'real-life' men's dating experiences, and the kinds of women they come across, this book is packed with information that will give you a real sense of why guys switch off on a date; i.e. what makes a "date-breaker" and a "date-maker".

Funny, warm, fascinating and full of insights - including real life success stories (i.e. women who found and wed Mr Right), this book is a must for any singleton who wants to find a great guy. And keep him!

Written by a woman who is a professional Matchmaker and responsible for almost 1,000 weddings... this book really will help you get one step ahead of other women in today's dating scene. A definite investment for the future.
on 1 April 2014
I honestly cant believe someone has published this. The author has no clue about what men want and has managed to somehow write a book about it! She has tried to categorise petty little weird excuses into understandable meanings so she can conclude there are patterns as to why men don't call back when realistically all the excuses are so small and insignificant.

There are the odd few that can be categorised which we all know anyway such as "dont be too clingy or needy" dont talk about your ex or the fact you want marriage, dont be too bossy and take the reins too much etc. But the rest of them are just so diverse that I can only put it down to these particular guys insecurities. For example one guy said he didn't call a girl back because he tried to order for her and she wouldn't let him. Rachel suggests you should just let him order for you in order to seem easy going! In another example she suggests cancelling a plane ticket booked for a work trip in order to fit in a date if you don't have a lot of time! Suppose you did this and then he cancels at the last minute?! Way to put the power in his hands and leave yourself feeling worthless and needy! I cannot believe any self respecting woman would suggest such a thing! This is the complete opposite to what men want, they do not want a push over who cant stand their own ground and bend to their every way! Andy why should we?! They want a woman with respect for herself who values her own life above the need for a man.

This book gives you 1000 reasons to feel insecure about absolutely everything you do on a date so that you completely lose the essence of yourself and your self confidence trying not to repeat every "mistake" in the book. In reality there were probably other factors at play as to why he didn't call back which I suspect were never brought to light as I really cant believe all of these small and insignificant reasons are enough by themselves. In a lot of cases it sounds like the guy is an absolute idiot!

If you want a book that leaves you feeling empowered and in control try why men love bitches or Matthew Hussey's Get The Guy and steer well clear of this one if you dont want to become and insecure shrivelling wreck without the confidence to ever date again!
on 7 March 2011
I used to be very 'anti' so-called self help books, but since getting the kindle, I can read all the cringe-worthy books with ease. I loved this book. She has an interesting spin on dating and some of it was gob-smacking. She really gets into the psyche of men and their cowardly excuses are a front for something more thought provoking. I love the way she writes and would love to be able to read her other titles on the kindle. I think we knew what she was saying all along - but preferred to to acknowledge.
I have a new perspective on dating and I wish I read it years ago. It is a witty, funny and honest read. I dont think that 'exit interviews' (which she advocates) are appropriate this side of the Atlantic ocean but her experiences and interviews were more than enough to get us women thinking.Read it.
on 1 June 2013
I couldn't keep stop reading it. V. v worthwhile !
I've learnt a huge amount ! It explains the do's and don'ts very well
- and have recommended it to friends as well.
on 5 September 2013
I definitely learned a lot reading this book. With 1000 "exit" interviews with men for her clients over 10 years, the feedback on what went right and wrong on a first date (and subsequent dates) comes straight from the horse's mouth. Very useful.
on 28 December 2015
Who among us is actually going to ask our girl friends to conduct interviews on previous dates? Then why spend so much time talking about the interview process? The rest of the information is tepid stereotyping. Mildly amusing but not at all helpful.
on 17 May 2016
so...the book is interesting indeed..however, i know i will have to read it more than twice as its a very fine line to slip the right path..teh author does have a good point but there are so many there that its not easy to remember them all..consequently it can be a bit stressful to apply it all in the real life so i think taking baby steps is the key here..also on teh other side it makes me wonder if following all these rules is not contradicting oneself at some point as im not truly convinced that there is one model that would fit them all..worth it to read thou as it does keep ur brain cells going and make u reflect on ur attitude through the others eyes.Hope this helps
on 17 August 2013
This is a concise and well researched guide to a first date and beyond. Great for the early stages of a relationship.
on 16 December 2013
I didn't expect to get a serious read and was not disappointed there! This book churns out a lot of stories and doesn't have a proper conclusion. No theme or thread , No learning to take away. Just a jumble of different reasons why men don't go on a second date e.g woman too serious, not serious enough, wants children, hates children, has children, too chatty, too dull..... etc etc. It doesn't really give an insight as to how to Have Him at Hello. and I'm stll looking....