on 31 January 2011
I came across Judiths work through a podcast and am now working my way through some of her other material.

I am a little cynical when it comes to 'self help' books, having read too many that although the premise is good have little application in everyday life.

This is an easy read that is worth delving into again and again. The biggest lesson I have learned is to treat both myself and those around me with compassion. We all live in a stressful world, the simple tools that Judith recommends can really transform both our own lives and those of people around us. Her insights are profound and presented with a view to bringing about real change.

This isn't a quick fix, there is genuine work that needs to be put in if you want to see any transformation in your life. It has helped me to understand and deal with some of my negative emotions and also given me an insight in to a better way of dealing with people. Whether you are struggling with dark times in your life or just want to gain a little more understanding into how we sometimes let our emotions drive us, give this book a read!
on 1 May 2013
I think you really need to be in the 'right' place to read this book. Frankly you wouldn't even been considering it if you didn't already recognise you've maybe got a few 'issues'. It can get a bit heavy and I tended to focus on the chapters that I felt related to me. I liked the questionnaires and the analysis from that but you have to be truthful or what's the point. Referred a lot to your problems relating back to your upbringing, which I'm not entirely convinced about but from glancing through the chapter's some people's problems go really deep. Thankfully mine don't, so steered clear of those. To be fair prelude warns you that for certain issues you should be using this book combined with counselling or therapy or both. I do it feel it made me think more about myself and how I contributed to some of the 'problems' I'm currently facing. I liked it.
on 1 May 2011
I enjoyed this book from start to finish. Anybody wishing to understand themselves and others on an emotional level will benefit enormously from this book. It gives the reader a chance to overcome difficult emotions without stuffing them away, but dealing with them in a positive freeing way. Worth every penny and thanks to author of the book.
on 14 June 2011
Wow, this book is marvellous. I am so impressed I will buy all her other books too. I found out about the author when I did a search for "what is fear and what is intuition", as I wanted to learn the difference and about intuition in general, but also how to change myself for the better, this book helped me 100% with all those things and much, much more. I have never read a self help book like it, it really resonated with me, it holds the key to turning your life around (if you are ready to that is). I thought I would never hear myself say this, but I am more impressed with Judith Orloff than Louise Hay and that is saying something. Buy this book it will be a small investment that you won't regret. It covers helping you overcoming fear, jealousy, envy, frustration and inpatience, it helps you to stop energy vampires (difficult people) from knocking you down by giving you exercises that will transform you into a more secure and confident person. I give it 10/10.
on 12 September 2011
It takes strenght and boldness to decide to change all our negative behaviours and feelings. But it also takes a totally honest and reliable Dr. to do so.

In this book Dr. Orloff superates herself with her deep approach to our management of emotions and feelings by thoroughly testing reasons and causes for them. But she does not paternalize us. On the contrary, she gives us the steering wheel of our development and guides us through the process of being free, of adquiring maturity.
on 24 May 2012
world today - epitome of the seven negative emotions that Judith addresses in detail with such "empathetic touch" with perfectly crafted, "highly practical steps" for us to start our journey to wherever we want to go

an exploratory analysis I highly recommend to everyone.. there are so many things we don't realise exist... glad I found the book (some videos of Judith led me to her book).. kisten Potter did a great job as well - her voice in the audio book is therapeutic :)

Thank you Judith and my best wishes to everyone who are willing to embark on such a journey towards true freedom
on 11 May 2016
I'm at a time in my life where i looked for some answers to Anxiety, Depression, Health and getting overwhelmed by other people's presence and crowded places. Dr. Judith Orloff's book is so well written and explains exactly what to do I think it's one of the best books i've read in a long time.
on 8 May 2015
Love all of Dr. Judith Orloff's books and this is yet another wonderful title. Full of practical tips and tools to help you live a more joyful, intuition led life. Highly recommend all of Dr. Orloff's books.
on 10 June 2016
Had I been able to access and read this book years ago, I would have metabolized life events in a much more constructive and compassionate manner. Dr. Orloff breaks down complex issues into manageable nuggets. Usually I read books fairly quickly, but this one allowed me to thoroughly process much needed information. As a result of Dr. Orloff's combination of science, energy, personal and clinical examples, I could relate to and apply the information to my own life. It is so nice to wake up each morning knowing that there are valid reasons for behaviour and for life events, versus just punishment.
on 23 April 2015
Delivery was prompt. Book is slightly monotonous, and repetitive. Although the section on 'emotional vampires' is well worth reading.