on 21 May 2010
Good book but not a lot of help if you live in the uk as a lot of the treatments she talks about arent available here
on 20 July 2011
I am a huge Suzanne Somers fan and couldn't wait to get my teeth into this book. There is no doubt the amount of research she has done is extraordinary. But what disappointed me was that unless you are a woman in the US, it is impossible to use many of the resources she lists; "ageing well" doctors don't exist in Europe neither do "compound pharmacies". Therefore, there are huge chucks of the book that cannot be implemented if you live outside the USA.I don't expect her to research all the options in Europe, but some alternatives would have been more helpful than none.

The book is written as though no women exist outside the US; there are 4+ other continents with densely populated areas of women! She clearly has forgotten about those!
on 25 January 2014
Talks a lot about bio identical hormone replacement which as far as I am aware is not easily available in the UK so interesting but not really usable.
on 20 March 2010
Dear Suzanne, thank you for your continuing dedication to all of us achieving vibrant health and happiness. I came across Suzanne on Oprah, a follow on from the Dr Northrup show on the challenges which can face women at mid-life. Suzanne takes the quest for knowledge and answers into the ageing process, several steps further. Yes, at times - she says she is "out there" - taking it to the max - but one can pick from her research, as she says in the book, what works for the individual, what "feels right." Suzanne uses her passion and intelligence to discover the most up to date and cutting edge information from leading doctors in the 'ageing well' field to empower women, (and men are affected by many mid-life physiological changes too), to truly understand how important hormonal balancing is. "Ageless" encourages us to question, to interview our own GP's whose thinking may be behind the times/influenced by pharmaceutical companies; (who often can make little return out of Bio-identical HRT, hence the push has been on the synthetics, and Suzanne explains some of the dangers associated with some of these drugs). Only for the dedication and courage of women such as Suzanne, many of us would be left in the dark as to the alternatives - to the possible detriment of our health and well being. She inspires us to raise our consciousness, empowering us to make informed decisions about how we wish - and intend to age.
on 31 July 2014
Many of her books repeat themselves.
on 4 December 2013
This book was quite interesting more in the interviews with the various doctors who lent their experience and opinion to old and new remedies. I thought this was a good book to use as a reference to various old and new theories on health & 'alternative' treatments.
I found Suzannes summaries quite repetitive over the course of the book and ended up skimming paragraphs that were much the same as in previous chapters as they felt like 'fill in's' rather than anything noteworthy.
All in all a good starting point for those interested in pursuing an alternative way of thinking to their ongoing health.
on 29 June 2011
I am still reading it but so far so good. The information is precious and very helpful. Had I known this information some years ago my quality of life would have been much better.
on 21 November 2014
Brilliant read, full of valuable information if you care about yourself and want live your life rather than be a passenger..........nothing but admiration for the author.
on 18 April 2013
The bits that I have read in this book seem to be of very informative information. Just need to get back on track and read some more. Highly recommended though.
on 31 July 2014
I like her, and that she is doing all this research... but I'm not sure it is a cure-all. Anyway, there is no one-size-fits-all answer.