Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 12 January 2017
Although bought for a two year old, it is far more suitable for the 6 year old sibling who enjoys reading the interesting stories of people's jobs in different countries. Please put a suitable age range in the description.
on 1 July 2017
A detailed book with lots to discuss with little people!! The detail in his illustrations is truly phenomenal. Highly recommended!
on 22 March 2017
I grew up reading this book and when I saw it had been reprinted thought of getting a copy for my nephew, but now Im not so sure I want to part with it!
on 30 September 2017
My favourite from when I was a bambino, she loves it too. Good quality
on 26 August 2017
Keeps little minds occupied with all that's happening ..The only books my children had and now introduced to great grand child..
on 23 September 2015
My parents bought me the Italian version of this same book when I was a small boy. I've just bought the English original book for my daughter, certain that she'll love it at least half as much as I loved it then!!!
on 20 July 2017
Brought back wonderful memories of my childhood☺
on 29 July 2015
Replacing the tattered, taped, dog eared, but well loved copy bought in 1977. This is almost identical, save for a more modern font, which is a relief in this crazy PC world we now reside in. A favourite from my childhood is being enjoyed by my children and can now be saved for future generations.

There is the oddity of a beat egger on page 53, which used to be known as an egg beater back in the late 70s.
on 25 August 2013
This book brings back fantastic childhood memories. It gave me a love for learning all about the world at the age of seven, and led me to learn more and more about the countries of the world.
It will enable your children to learn about the world with the help of all the wonderful animal characters, and all the wonderful stories.
They will travel in heir minds from New York to the Netherlands, India to
Israel and London to Tokyo and Australia to Austria.
It shows your children the folksy and peaceful side of these lands, and will install a wonderful healthy respect for other nations, as well as their own.

I strongly suggest the publishers get it back into print , and soon.
on 9 April 2009
I have had this book since being very small, and still find it as brilliant as I used to. The illustrations are detailed and colourful, all accurately resembling the country they are showing. The stories are simple, and entertaining. The wonderful, lighthearted nature of this book will ensure that young children are aware of the many diverse cultures around the world, and will avoid xenophobic tendencies - Richard Scarry deserves great recognition for his fun, yet educational contributions to the world of literacy, and his work lives on to this day.