on 27 April 2017
Always a winner as baby' first gift.
on 27 March 2017
We love this book. This new extended one is superb! Much bigger and easier for baby to hold.
on 24 July 2017
A true classic and timeless baby gift.
on 20 September 2010
My dad bought me this when I was about 9 or 10 years old, and I had never seen a book that had stuff you could touch before. It's the kind of book that I would buy for my kids and my friend's kids.
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 12 June 2015
This will be one of your children's favorite books. The premise behind this book is the 'touch and feel'. Little ones love being read to, they like pictures to look at, and when they can feel textures, all the better.
This book gives children a chance to see and feel what the person in the book is doing. When an adult us holding their little one and introducing them to the touch and feel of the picture, a lot of love is shown. Reading to your children is a sign of love to your children, and something they will remember forever more.

Parents/teachers will enjoy reading this book to their children. The children will have a chance to feel and smell the flowers, feel their daddy's beard, feel the bunny's soft fur and on and on. I think children will want to keep reading this book through their preschool years. This is a book that soon to be parents will enjoy, grandparents will like to have this book in their home, and schools and preschools will enjoy it for all ages of children. A wonderful first book.

Recommended. prisrob 06-10-15
on 6 May 2013
This book is very simplistic in it's print style, simple colours and repetitive words. Each page has an action performed by Paul or Judy which can then be copied on the facing page. Although boring for an adult, it's great for babies and toddlers. My 10 month old daughter will push other books to the side to get to this. She really loves it. I think it has also helped her grasp simple instructions like smelling the flowers and patting the bunny gently.
I find the pages to be quite robust, Judy's book and the peek-a-boo cloth are still attached even after a lot of play. Also, the fact that I was able to wipe the pages clean (including the fluffy bunny after an over zealous, chocolate covered, two year old found the book immensely entertaining), it's a definite plus in my opinion.
However there are few minor annoyances. The mirror is quite flimsy so the reflection is quite distorted, it scratches easily and the rattle device inside the button box page is quite thick. This affects the shape of the page and it has caused an imprint of the device on the following page, right across the dolly's face. The number of times I have had to reattach the cover of the book to the comb is just annoying. I've sellotaped the comb now so that it can't happen again, but I'm disappointed that I've had to do this.
I'm only deducting 1 star for these annoyances as I don't want to put anyone off buying this for their little one. It is great to see the amount of enjoyment that my daughter gets from this, it is well worth it. But I think buyers should know that they might spend just as much time repairing it as reading it.
on 18 April 1999
I remember this book from being read to as a child. The book I had was passed down through 5 kids. And although well worn, I will always remember Daddy's whiskers and Mummy's ring. It was wonderful to read this book to my own children.
on 21 March 2011
This is more of a leaflet than a book. The ring binder style is not suitable for toddlers and is very basic. Cardboard pages are flimsy and not practable. I would not recommend this book/leaflet for toddlers and do not think it was worth the money I paid for it.
on 21 December 2008
As with a few of the reviews already, the idea of the book is great, but the edition is extremely cheap looking. It feels like something that should have costed 2-3 pounds, rather than over 6.
on 30 July 2005
My sister had this book when she was a baby fifteen years ago and when I had a baby I could not wait to buy it for the next generation in my family. it is a fantastic book and a must for all parents and babies. My daughter adores reading it with me and feeling the different textures, smelling the flowers and playing peek-a-boo as we read.