Customer reviews

on 11 February 2016
nice
on 20 June 2016
on 19 January 2010
This cookbook brings back fond memories of cooking along side my dear mum many,many,years ago.
Its full of old recipes long forgotten,its a pleasure to read and im thoroughly enjoying the cooking.
on 15 February 2017
no comment
on 10 December 2010
I was so delighted with being able to get hold of some of these classic Beeton recipes that I purchased 4 for Christmas presents. Another about to be ordered!
What more can this say about Mrs Beeton and I may well get the other books including her lovely account of Household Management, if only for a historical picture of how things were done with such care in those times.
Thoroughly recommend it!
on 3 November 2009
With Mrs B. you always start at the beginning. So where she says "First get your Hare". I say "First buy her book!" Worth every word.
VINE VOICEon 7 November 2007
I have to say I thought this book summed up so many different classic recipes I just find a joy to cook. From the moment I picked up this book, I just knew that each recipe was going to deliver excellent quality results. This book has so many wonderful things to make, and its price is excellent value for money for what you get. You get all the classics in here, all the old fashioned British type food at its best, and one every cook can't be without, when aiming to impress. Mrs Beeton's cook books are a joy to read.
on 18 December 2011
I brought this for my wife as a small Christmas gift but had to have a "little Nose" inside.
I have a few of Isabella's stunning books but hey this is just the best..
How could she have written this by the age of 24? What would she have written if she had lived past
the age of 28?
In addition to a brief outline of Mrs. Beeton's life and her famous recipe book, this book offers a glimpse of life in Victorian and Edwardian kitchens, before there was such a thing as a kitchen sink!
on 4 June 2014
Loved mrs B book , browsed trough it for ages , there are some lovely recipes in it an excellent buy great price also thank you