on 25 January 2015
Obviously a bit out of date now but an entertaining read that reminded me of when I passed my test as well as what life is ACTUALLY like driving.
on 25 October 2014
Good for a giggle.
on 18 December 2010
Despite what the bad reviews state, I have to strongly disagree and say its probably one of the funniest books I've ever read. I came across this in Waterstones with my friend and for about 15 minutes we were giggling away to it then we thought its common courtesy that we buy it. Even up to the last page we were laughing to the fairly silly book.
I've already recommended it to several people which they agreed in how funny it actually was. Shame I haven't yet found a book like it.
A must buy.
on 23 December 2006
I bought this book for my Dad at Christmas, and I had a look through before I gave it. Yes this book is very funny - very good observant comedy.

But it contains quite a few strong swear words which my Dad wouldn't appreciate!!

I'm glad I read it first! I'll keep it as it is good but it should have a warning on the cover.
on 30 October 2007
This book was hilarious. We have the "official" Highway Code which not many people seem to take very seriously these days (unfortunately), and this one seemed like a more "realistic" version of the Highway Code. A good laugh, definitely recommendable for Christmas!
on 2 March 2008
This book borrows some of its presentation, and all of its sense of humour, from the real highway code. That is to say: it's not at all funny. Possibly the biggest pile of drivel ever assembled into book form.
on 9 January 2008
I agree with Ed Clarks. I was given this for Christmas and it simply is not funny, at all. No creative content - just reads like the uncontrolled drivel from a couple of blokes in a pub. I challenge anyone to quote a genuinely funny line.
on 6 November 2006
With so many cars on the road, a speed camera every 50 yards and a legal requitement to buy your child a new car-seat every three months it's easy these days to get distracted from what, for many of us, driving is supposed to be about; enjoyment of being on the road. Taking to the road and car ownership give a huge amount of pleasure to many people but the government killjoys and eco-warriors have made cars and all things motoring a guilty pleasure. Rumours are that the anti-car lobby were behind Richard Hammond's recent jet car accident hoping to get Top Gear taken off the air. This book won't change the sad decline of the fun of motoring in Britain, but buy a copy for your glovebox - I guarantee it will put a big smile on your face and release many a heary chuckle as you try to avoid a doemstic argument whilst trapped on the M25 for three hours in a 6 mile tailback.
on 10 December 2006
funny all the way. Suitable for learners, drivers, and their backseat companions. Looks good, feels good and by golly it does you good! It'll make a great christmas present.
on 17 November 2006
As soon as I turned to page one it had me in stiches, which is a good sign. No leaf is unturned concerning the highway code and how not to follow it in this light hearted tongue in cheek book. The way that normal everyday signs are taken and given a comedy edge is fantastic. With all sorts of silly information regarding everyday signs and rules this book will definately not gather dust in the front of your glove department. For all you drivers out there at last a book has arrived which won't make you reach for the horn in a rage. A definate stocking filler this Christmas.