Customer reviews

on 6 June 2017
Do so much creative writing and this is a great resource for getting new ideas and inspirations. Anybody who loves playing with words will enjoy browsing through this book.
on 18 October 2004
As a freelance writer I find this book incredibly useful. It's just like a theasaurus, but instead of suggesting different words it suggests different ajectives. For example, I wanted to describe someone's eyes as they were slyly watching everyone around them. I looked up 'eyes' and found the appropriate adjective 'hawklike'. What an ingenious book. It's saved me hours of head scratching and thinking. I just wish it was still in publication as I had to order it second-hand and it took several weeks before one was found. But it was certainly worth the wait.
on 17 March 2016
Simple concept yet devastatingly effective. I looked up mountain and found cloud-piercing and snow-capped. If you have a noun, this book does help to fire your imagination!
on 18 August 2016