Customer reviews

on 23 January 2004
Every review I have read of this biography rates it highly. Everyone I have spoken too who has read it speaks highly of it as well. As for my opinion, this is an extraordinary and wonderful book. It is superbly written and is a thrilling account of one of the world's greatest theologians. It has changed my life in giving me a new appreciation of the sheer great goodness of God, challenged me to worship and stretched my thinking. Buy it and enjoy the book,Edwards and above all, Edwards' God.
on 17 July 2014
It is hard to think of a better biography, maybe impossible. This is the definitive biography of Jonathan Edwards. Marsden has also written a shorter biography in which he places Edwards in contrast to his contemporary, Benjamin Franklin. That is also good, but not as good as this one. Fair, accurate, balanced and a compelling read. You will feel like you know Edwards much better after reading this book, guaranteed.