Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now Learn More Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 24 March 2012
This book is very detailed giving the past and present stems of verbs, masculine or feminine classification of nouns which are crucial in Kurdish grammar with plenty of examples and explanation on variations.

In brief everybody who would like to learn Kurdish or uses Kurdish at academic level should have this dictionary.

Everything being positive some points on improvement and suggestion:

It is quite big and heavy. It is not practical to carry it around. Especially for students so digital version of this dictionary is a must,

Like every language, Kurdish evolves. It is generally commented that this dictionary although comprehensive lacks the most recent vocabulary. As a learner I experienced this myself. Therefore the above point about digital version which can be updated more easily becomes more crucial.
on 18 March 2016
Yes, I liked the dictionary. But, I didn't find the dialect I am looking for; the Faili dialect which I thought would be part of the Kurmanchi. Apart from Baghdad, Khanaqin and Kut,most Faili speakers live in Kirmanshah and Elam in Iran. But most of them( I included) don't read and write in Faili because they have been minorities whether in Iran or Iraq. I do speak Faili but we are a dying breed.It saddens me to see our older people; those who know all the idioms, the proverbs and tales pass away and with them our culture and lore. May be someday I'll do something about it.
on 22 June 2016
Good book and good service... thanks