Customer reviews

on 5 June 2017
A really detailed and useful book. I bought a second hand copy as a small gift to my nephew who had expressed an interest in sourdough bread and I know that the detailed instructions will guide him carefully through the process. I gave him some of my starter dough so that he could start quickly, but the book explains how to start from complete scratch.
on 20 July 2014
Rose's pocket bakery on fridays at the Doodle Bar is near my house and i frequent it as often as i can. Her pies and breads are wonderful and she does lovely soups in winter and gorgeous salads in the summer. This book was a christmas present and it is very informative - loads of useful info about making bread, and some fantastic reliable recipes. The pleated potato pie with woody herbs and fresh cheese is positively addictive! There is a range of recipes in the book, not only breads - i am steadily baking my way through the cakes and biscuits.
on 9 January 2014
An excellent practical book with an interesting human story attached. One to read and keep. Have given it as a present too.
on 18 January 2014
A great story about getting out and making something happen. Delicious food, delicious narrative what more could one ask for?
on 22 January 2014
A truly delightful book, full of recipes for delicious baking. Delivered VERY promptly and I am enjoying reading & working with the tempting goodies. Many thanks.
on 13 February 2014
This lady does an article in the telegraph so I bought the book instead of saving paper cuttings.It is just what I expected and I make my own bread now,great
on 13 February 2014
Great book, very well presented, inspiring stuff for those wanting to start a home based baking business. It's a pleasure to read and content excellent
on 14 May 2014
The most gorgeous baking book ever! I bought this for all my staff at my cafe as a must read!
on 9 December 2015
Excellent book: I bought one for myself and then one as a present. The most under-rated cookery writer: she's brilliant and her recipes never fail.
on 22 December 2014
Lovely book with a story and depth to the recipes.