Format: Hardcover|Change

on 1 June 2017
Great book though his restaurant is an overpriced rip off and does not reflect real Peruvian portions.
Ceviche Peruvian Kitchen is, simply, stunning. One of the best cookery books I've ever read and one I'll go back to again and again.

Martin Morales writes with passion; it's reflected in the recipes and the presentation. The book is filled with a sense of zest for life and vibrancy and many recipes use zingy, spicy ingredients which mirror that pizzaz! The photographs alone are almost tangible. They not only tempt, they inspire.

It's a privilege to read the stories behind many of the recipes. It's a book filled with memories which add a whole different depth and dimension to the cooking side. Every recipe has a story about family life or Peruvian culture. There's a real sense of history and insight into the many influences, for example Chinese, Italian and Latino, which have shaped traditional Peruvian cooking.

There's a real energy to the recipes; ingredients are tasty, colourful and often packed with nutrients. But the cooking style is easily achieved in any home kitchen. Martin Morales has compiled a selection of dishes and drinks which can be prepared by anyone and look as if they've been served by a professional. They're impressive but practical. No way out ingredients or endless hours of preparation so it's the type of book which should happily grace the shelf of anyone with even a remote interest in cooking.

This is one of very few cookery books which have totally blown me away. I love it and it's one I'll be working with for a long time to come.

My thanks to publisher, Ten Speed Press for a review copy via Netgalley.
on 22 November 2013
I first saw Martin Morales on James Martins Saturday Kitchen and loved the meal he cooked. It looked amazing! On a rare visit to London I managed to get a table at Ceviche and had the most delicious meal EVER!

Obviously once the book came out, it was purchased and was put on the shelf with rest of the dust gathers - but this is different! I don't like fish, or rather I didn't like fish - i do this way marinated in Tigers Milk!!

If you want something a little different to WOW your dinner party guests I wholly recommend this book.

Now I just need to get back to London and eat there again ... sigh happy thoughts
on 26 July 2013
The moment you unwrap this book, you can appreciate the time, thought and effort that has gone in to creating the definitive Peruvian cookbook. The 'padded' cover is wonderful. Clean, fresh and inviting, like the tiles of a Peruvian cafe.

Once inside, the book is packed with delicious sounding recipes and beautifully photographed dishes, printed on heavyweight paper to give the whole package a feel of quality. As for the recipes, the ingredients and steps are laid out simply and clearly.

Having spent some weeks in Peru earlier this year, enjoying the fresh local seafood and the delicious mountain cooking, I searched for a clear recipe book that would allow me to enjoy a taste of Peru in the comfort of my own English home. Until Ceviche came along, I searched in vain. But it was worth the wait.

Ceviche is quite possibly the ideal cookbook, allowing you to prepare and enjoy good quality food from your own kitchen, with just the right level of adventure to spice up any evening.
on 6 February 2016
we are peruvian food enthusiasts and we have visited the Ceviche restaurant many times in London. The book is quite inspirational and nice to have in your cookbook collection, includes all these nice recipes you tried in the restaurant but be prepared for a big fuss as all recipes require a long list of ingredients that might be not useful for other recipes. I have this books for months and I only managed to cook one recipe (a very simple one).
on 20 December 2013
Having recently visited Peru we were keen to see if food in the Uk was just as good.
After visiting Ceviche in London we can say it is and the book details all the favourites that we tried.
A well illustrated easy to follow cook book.
on 1 July 2014
Ate in the restuarant, bought the book, cooked the food. Excellent experience all round. Worth a visit to Shoreditch for a lunchtime menu trial.
on 30 July 2013
Fantastic book. Looks stunning and loved the insights into life as well as just giving recipies. Really makes the recipes come to life by giving them context.
Recipes are varied and easy to follow and easy to make.
Best book of the year by far.
Amazing book! incredible useful as it also contains a section on where to find all the Peruvian ingredients that are usually hard to find. Love the book presentation and the way it speaks to us directly. I have been following Martin Morales's youtube channel and he always surprises me and delights me with new recipes that are also contain in this book. The book has a great variety of Peruvian dishes and most of them re not hard to prepare.
on 1 February 2017
It's a fairly good book, well presented and with good photography. If you are familiar with other south american cuisines then most recipes will be quite accessible. Where Ceviche really lets itself down for me is simply the tiny number of ceviche recipes - 9 quite traditional & 1 vegetarian 'ceviche'. It would have been better to have a broader range, at least 5 to 10 more that perhaps aren't those served in the restaurant.