on 22 November 2011
I thought it was a very wry account, full of the tongue in cheek, sometimes self depricating humour that makes Joanna Lumley so entertaining and real. I liked her tendency to pause and examine seemingly small details about episodes in her life. I also like the way she is interested in other people and their human situations, rather than focusing on herself all the time like so many celebrities do which makes them so tedious and boring.
on 25 June 2017
Vey interesting would recommend.
Love it
on 13 October 2011
I absulutely love this book, like Joanna it is "absolutely fabulous"! It is full of wonderful photos and stories about her life, she really is one of Britain's "treasures". She has done so many wonderful things in her life, so glad she has shared all this with us and that I have this book.
on 4 October 2011
This is a fabulous book, stuffed full of glorious pictures of Joanna, covering her life and career, I didn't realise how much she'd packed in until skimming through this lovely tome, picked it up in the bookshop and couldn't put it down, a must for all fans of this beguiling talented lady, couldn't recommend it more highly.
on 14 October 2011
I am not an autobiography reader, but Joanna Lumley is such an incredible human being I had to buy this.
From an early age I have been a fan of Ms Lumley.
When I was a child she was captivating as Purdey in The New Avengers (as well as the famous hairstyle), then Sapphire & Steel, on to Absolutely Fabulous, and many more in between!! She is a fascinating, compassionate person. You need only read about her fight for justice for the Gurkhas! She continues to blaze a trail for women of all ages!!
Ms Lumley's current TV program "Joanna Lumley's Greek Odyssey" is must see TV!!
22 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 January 2014
Disappointing read. Many periods of her life skipped over too easily. What should have been an interesting read for such a full and exciting life left me feeling much had been left out or skimmed over. Too much held back for this to be a great read.
on 3 July 2015
As a great admirer of Joanna Lumley, I was thrilled with this book. It's full of photos and lots to read about Joanna. I really look forward to reading it. The book is amazing value and in perfect condition - as new. It was well packaged and promptly sent. Very happy indeed. Thank you
on 26 July 2014
Well written & as dignified as the lady herself.A lot of family background information as she does call it a Memoir,I found that hard to keep up with at times & had to keep flicking back the pages which I do find annoying.If not for that it would probably got 5 stars.
on 25 January 2012
This is a must for all Ms. Lumley fans. The book is well put together full of interesting facts about her life so far including childhood, family, as well as career. The pages are full of lovely photographs. I would 100% recommend this book.