on 29 April 2017
She's still got it!
on 20 November 2007
Having just finished this book I can say that when I saw the layout I was a little dissapointed. The book is very informative and Mirren is very honest in her writing although a few chapters are not so interesting. A great selection of photos and images from the career of one of the countrys most treasured actresses.
on 7 December 2007
I throughly enjoyed this biography. It was refreshing to have acesss to many photographs which only served to enrich the writing. Photographs can say much more than words sometimes, and they brought her family alive to me. I felt Helen's writing was interesting, crafted and down-to-earth. I was left feeling that I knew a little more about one of my favourite actresses of all-time. Many thanks for this Helen, one of the most enlightening and engrossing biographies I've read for a very long time.
on 26 October 2007
Five stars for the many photos Helen has included in this glossy production, but only two for her writing. Clearly the text comes direct from Mirren -- no ghost writer would write this awfully -- but it gives the biography the overall feel of a granny's boasting book.

Deservedly this is going to be a massive seller, because Mirren has put many unseen pictures into the public domain, but I just wish that all Shakespearian actors had as deep an inner life as implied by the words of bard that they mouth. This one doesn't.

It's revealing that Mirren, in her early years, idolised and imitated Brigitte Bardot.
on 30 December 2011
I have just finished reading this book and It was a very interesting read. I was a bit worried at first that it might just be all pictures and no life story but it most definatly wasnt! I actually like the way the pictures helped to illustrate what Helen was talking about. Unfortunatly some of the chapters at the beginning about her father and mother were a bit boring and went on just a bit too long (I want to read about Helen not her grandparents) but it was interesting to hear about her russian herritage, and feel that you were finding out about her family in Russia in the last chapters along with her.
Overall a very good book! If you like celeb biographies, I would recommed- it wont dissapoint!
on 2 January 2013
Remarkablty good production when considering that it is not a hardcover book. Quality of photos, typeface etc extremely good. Actual content a delight if one is a fan of Helen Mirren and her work which I am.
on 28 January 2008
I enjoyed the book, HOWEVER, it really is disjointed and I was constantly left with a sense of going backwards/forwards/sideways etc. The layout and flow of the book does not work - it's not chronological. From my point of view the book is disappointing given the expectation one has of the magnificent character and actress that she is.
on 13 December 2016
Book arrived before the due date in great condition, just as good as new, and well packed. Full of lovely photographs and it was interesting reading about Helen Mirren's early years with her family, as well as her film, TV and stage career.
on 29 October 2014
Could not believe the value of this book and the condition it arrived in. Excellent condition and a wonderful book, very pleased I purchased it. Packed well and arrived in good time of advised dates.
on 22 December 2013
excellent value what i was looking for. very good read colourful and interesting well written with good photographas thany you