on 22 February 2006
This is the perfect gift for anyone that has enjoyed The Olive Farm, The Olive Season or The Olive Harvest. I had built up vivid pictures in my mind of René, the pool, Mr Q, the olive trees and the book confirmed that my imaginings were accurate. The photgraphy is wonderful and the book is a great insight in to life with the olives and all that that involves. There are wonderful pictures of the dogs, family, friends, even the dreaded wild boar. Recipes as well. I loved this book!
on 14 June 2007
Having read the 'trilogy' Olive Farm, Olive Season and Olive Harvest, this book puts your minds images into photographs. Carols writing comes alive with the pictures as you can so clearly relate them to the tales and experiences she has shared with her readers. The book is definately worth the money as the photographs are superb and a credit to her husband. I've just bought her lastest book and can't wait to read it.
on 19 November 2014
The book is an excellent accompaniment to the olive farm books and brings it all to life. The service from world of books was excellent - I had a problem with the first book dispatched but they replaced it with no quibbles. Excellent customer service and I would recommend them. Oh and the book is very good too!
on 25 April 2010
If you are a fan of Carol Drinkwater, especially her 'Olive Books' then this book is essential reading.
Carol is an intimate writer and this book lets us into her home and allows us to meet the characters that she has so lovingly written about in her books. To be able to see the scene of the action that comes across as so special to her and share a little of it's beauty and magic, is a treat not to be missed.
Even if one has had the misfortune not to have read any of her other books, then this book stands alone as a coffee table book illustrating the magical light and beauty of this region of southern France.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Carol for this book, which I have found to be the 'icing on the cake' of her 'Olive Books'.
on 5 September 2013
When I read the first 2 Olive Farm books, I was delighted with Drinkwater's writing style and of course with the topic, but somewhat disappointed that the books have no photos.
A friend told me 2 years ago about this coffee table book and I ordered it.
This companion to the 6 Olive Farm books is highly recommendable.
on 4 July 2013
Read all the books now this put icing on the top to see the beautiful places Carol spoke about plus the lovely people and the beautiful scenery she really is living the dream a Fantastic life with super hubby and family of friends brilliant read.
on 17 September 2014
This book was an absolute bargain second hand. The quality is superb. It honestly looks like new. The book itself is a delight - bought after reading the first of the Olive Farm books by Carol Drinkwater.
on 8 February 2014
I would highly recommend this glorious book! It is the perfect accompaniment to the Olive series ~ bringing all those mental images to life. I forgot to take it along to the recent France Show to ask Carol to sign it ~ definitely won't forget it next year!
on 25 July 2013
I have read the Olive Farm books and tried to imagine what it was all like. This is a lovely photo book with narrative by Carol. I just wish I had realised sooner that she had brought it out.
on 8 December 2013
Carol paints pictures in the mind with her words.The photographs confirm exactly her descrition of her home so one tends to accept other concepts she encompasses.