on 13 September 2017
Always great fun and, easy to read, Pam writes about the every day situations that we all find our selves in at some time or other, her humour helps to make every day frustrations, funny and easier to bear.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 September 2017
The poems are up to standard as always. The descriptions of subject help the poetry to be very interesting.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 February 2011
My friend bought this book & started reading some of the poems to me and I laughed so much I had to buy it for myself! I already had some Pam Ayres books but hadn't seen this one before, I'm glad my friend found this little gem!

What more can I say - funny poems about things that happen and things we do in life, really entertaining.

I also nicked my friends copy of The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse) and I had to buy that too, it's funny, sexy and I relate to a lot of the love poems in it, the rhyming style is similar to Pam Ayres so if you like her you'll love this too.
on 18 December 2010
I purchased this book for one poem only, We worship at St. Tesco, as that is where I used to work.(now retired). However it is a little treasure of a book, and I am really enjoying the whole thing. I love her observations and wit.
on 15 December 1999
I must admit that, over the past few years my appreciation of Pam's work has dimmed somewhat, but this has truly restored my previous adoration of her work. And some! Brilliant!!
on 22 February 2011
I have 3 books by Pam Ayres and all are laugh out loud funny, I love the way she writes about everyday life & funny situations that everyone can relate to in a style that's easy to read, she showed that poetry doesn't have to be "posh" or difficult to understand.

Her books are great to dip back into over & over again if you want a laugh as well as reading all the way through.

I highly recommend all her books and if you like Pam you'll also like this book which is written in the same easy to read style, witty and mostly about love:
The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse)
on 19 November 2013
I have loved Pam Ayres poetry since I was young in the 70's when she first became famous and appeared on TV.
Poems about everyday life - funny, light hearted and they will definitely make you laugh.
on 22 April 2013
Can't fault this book - some of her best poems, interspersed with interesting information about her life. Wonderful - highly recommended.
on 23 February 2011
I love all of Pam's poems, this is another great book

I really enjoy poetry but only poetry that rhymes and flows with a good rhythm and Pam's does that, she is very skilled at taking normal situations or activities and writing about them with humour.

I love her style and this book is another treasure in my collection along with this book The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse) which is written in a similar style and is about love and life,
on 3 March 2014
I was disappointed that the cover of this book was not as shown. However the one that was sent is apparently an updated version but I did want the green one!