on 17 July 1998
Pablo Neruda manages, with sparing use of words, to capture the wholel of love and bring it close enough, using the concrete and finite word , to allow the readers to touch the meaning of the eternal and abstract. In short, incredible.
on 5 December 2012
Beautiful poetry !!! This is more of a personal book of poems about his lover than poems for lovers. Pablo Neruda makes simple words beautiful. You can t help but love his poetry !!!
on 1 September 1998
"Sonnets of earth and wood" is a humble description for this reflection into the heart of the Chillean poet. His words will echo through the mind and touch the soul.
on 11 June 2015
It's not just Shakespeare who wrote lovely sonnets, Neruda would give him a run for his money! Book arrived very quickly
on 18 March 1998
Neruda is so sensual and so accessible. It is hard not to cry when you read his love poems.
on 20 December 2014
all men should read them and maybe then they will understand what love is
on 13 July 1999
I've actually only read one poem from this book so far, Sonnet 17 ("I don't love you as if you were the salt rose, topaz... so intimate that when I fall asleep it is your eyes that close."), but it's incredible. Like many people, I first ran into this poem through the movie Patch Adams. A couple days ago, a friend of mine sent it to me saying that she knew I'd appreciate it, and she was right... right now, the book is sitting in my backpack, waiting until I can get a few spare moments to enjoy it.
on 12 January 2015
Very well presented volume in 2 languages
on 8 December 2014
Not bad
on 5 May 1999
THE MOVIE "PATCH ADAMS" WAS RELEASED IN SOUTH-AFRICA 2 WEEKS AGO.I HEARD THE SONET THAT PATCH READ TO CARIN AND FELL IN LOVE WITH MY FIANCE ALL OVER AGAIN.UNFORTUNATELY THE BOOK "100 LOVE SONETS" IS NOT AVAILABLE IN SOUTH-AFRICA,SO I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE REST OF THE SONETTS. I AM SURE IT IS EXCELLENT.ONLY THE ONE SONET FROM THE MOVIE "PATCH ADAMS" HAS CHANGED MY IDEA OF LOVE.I CANT WAIT TO READ THE REST OF THE BOOK AND TO CHANGE MY LIFE FOREVER.