Customer reviews

on 28 September 2010
This book is great, very academic and well researched. After reading it, I found myself with a better undersanding of some dark issues concerning the treatment of women in Islam: all due to misinterpretations and mysogynistic influence of the society which is reflected on some islamic literature. I highly recommend this book.
on 11 October 2014
Absolutely excellent book. Asma Barlas' arguments are well thought out, rearranged and presented. Even when I found myself pondering a counter argument to one she posits, I'd find she would subsequently address it. It is. Highly academic read but one worth pursuing. My only wish is for her work and message to become more mainstream.
on 26 June 2013
very good book and written in perfect manners . This book has changed my perception about women's status in islam. very good indeed. although I am still reading it!!!