on 24 May 2013
Bought this for our daughter who didn't want to have and pain killers during labor and she found that after reading this book it helped her greatly
on 30 October 2015
Brilliant and informative
on 1 February 2015
Very useful, relaxation techniques have helped me sleep already
on 24 October 2015
The book was good
on 21 January 2015
Fine
on 20 September 2014
a great course book one now
on 7 January 2010
simply my bible book for a natural birth, really helped me to give birth with confidence, in addition to a "hypnobirth" express course
on 10 February 2015
Excellent
on 22 September 2010
Good course that definitely helps me to relax - something I thought I was not capable of (I am very active person and not really into 'going into a zone';)
Expensive as these are just 4 CDs and little booklet (you need to buy a separate book or read around internet if you want to learn more in depth about hypnobirthing, the booklet with this course has basic, but useful information).
I have found 'Preparation for birth' CD most useful, and had I have a chance to decide on the purchase again, I would have chosen to buy only this CD, possibly second had.£39 for all and using only one - a bit expensive.

What I liked is the good quality of recording, nice British accent and a pleasant voice of reading lady (it does matter, I tried other that were American, old person voice and could not take it seriously). I find it hard to stay asleep during listening, but it apparently does not matter.

I found that with this sort of stuff you need to make an effort and actively want to try to change your attitude (which I do) and combine effect is that from someone who was petrified and avoided thinking or reading about the birth at the beginning of pregnancy, I am turning to someone actively interested and willing to do it naturally at the end. I am not naive, I will still prepare for 'scenario if it hurts and I cannot take it', but found that this course helps me throughout pregnancy and whilst preparing for labour anyway. Should add another review AFTER the D-Day though!

One more comment - I have just had root canal treatment at dentist and stupid it might sound, tried to use the techniques I learned on these CDs during treatment. Of course I had painkiller, but have to say I have never had such calm, OK dentist experience, although this supposed to be a really rough one. So perhaps there is already a little benefit of this relaxation techniques..
on 20 February 2012
Excellent book to use for birth preparation. You have to have a mind set and the ability to process this book.
IF you are not comfortable with learning by yourself use the book in combination with the course.

Unfortunately we could not afford the course that is why I bought the book.
I personally found it amazing the CD does help but I repeat you have to have the discipline and mind set to "STUDY by YOURSELF" however if anyone has the financial ability to pay for the course I would recommend the book along with the course.
The book helps you to open your eyes and does not settle for less.
I found it helpful that at the end of the book there is PRACTICAL help/ already written BIRTH PLAN and LETTER to Health Care professional.
I live in an area where private midwife is not available and homebirth is not even encouraged however I am going for it anyway and even here the METHOD is HEARD OF and ACCEPTED