Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 April 2017
I chose the five star rating because this book is an extremely revealing and inspiring insight into the suffering and crucifixion of Jesus. I would recommend it to anyone with an interest in scripture .
on 29 April 2017
It's a brilliant book.must buy the others .
on 12 May 2017
Great idea to use within your own context during Holy Week.
on 7 June 2015
Thought provoking.
on 8 March 2017
Stephen Cottrell's books are always worth reading.
on 7 June 2017
ideal for use over a week's spiritual retreat
on 18 May 2012
I enjoyed with friends a journey through this short spiritual book. in imagination and with christian love the author explores the various characters around the crucifixion. Each highlights a particular characteristic of spiritual temptation and draws the reader into a compassionate understanding of the biblical character. Its language is modern and its insights revealing. Our group lingered over the book during the Lenten period but stayed beyond Easter to extract as much as we could from it. A strong recommendation from our group.
on 18 February 2015
This is a small and very child like book. The insight is light weight at best and the theological reflection and content at best for the under fives.
Do not buy this.
on 13 February 2013
I suggested this book fo small groups of Christians who meet to reflect on the meaning of Lent and we have found it thought a provoking and stimulating reflection.
on 31 March 2014
If I thought I could wiz past the events of Holy week and not be riveted to the spot - I was mistaken. This book brings the rawness of the Passion into my very personal space - and then - it's difficult to find somewhere to go to avoid its challenges.