Customer reviews

Good Grief
Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 March 2017
It's been a while since I read this. I remembering it being an ok read, but I would recommend "The Vale of Tears" by Robert Weston for anyone going through grief as it was way more helpful.
on 23 December 2000
This book is brilliant I cant speak highly enough of it. It is a totally excitingly different book to read and uses a mixture of digital imagery and selective words. The lay out of the book in its self is beautiful. I recommend this book to all people who want to read a book that is totally new and different from anything you have probably ever read. Get it Get it now
on 25 January 2012
I bought the audio version of this book as having lost a loved one so recently made it very hard for me to read anything!! This was an exellent read as it made me feel normal, Ive never had to experience sorrow and pain like I have from losing my soulmate..I kept telling myself I should try and be strong and not cry as stupidly I thought crying would hinder my healing process. Reading this book made me realise that crying is a form of release and I am still human for crying. I am learning to let go everyday and imagine I will never fully let go as I want to keep his memory alive. The book used several examples of grief in several different scenario's from loss, moving, divorce, etc - very easy to follow and something i will keep going back to.
on 20 November 1997
I first read this book after I loss a father figure. I went to the bookstore and chose the thinnest book I could find because I needed help quickly. It was a great help because it guided me to know what feelings I would be experiencing, and I remember thinking "I'm not going crazy afterall." Since I first read it, I've given it to someone else. Yesterday I stood with a friend as she went to be with the Lord. I think I could use this book again. So, I'm ordering two. One for me, and one to lend.
If you are having a difficult time dealing with grief, this book will help you understand your feelings -- only God can help deal with them. Together, I found them a good combination.
on 15 December 2014
One of the best books on handling grief I've read. A short book that is easy to read at a time when you probably don't want to read masses, but that confirms the emotions you are going through and gives you permission to feel and act the way you do.
on 24 December 2016
Good job, thanks, took a bit longer than I thought, but no worries, thanks again, steve
on 5 August 2010
Excellent book for this very difficult to tackle subject. why should we feel talking about death so difficult. This book is a great help