Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tom Chaplin Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 22 January 2013
Tom Wright was recommended by our Rural Dean. I use these commentaries in my sermon research and they are very useful and helpful. The biblical text has been translated from the original Greek into modern day English, understandable by most people. The commentary on each text uses modern examples of incidents, places, people that any of us might come across or experience, to help understanding. The book can be used in personal Bible study and quiet time and/or for group activity and/or help in preparing talks and sermons. I highly recommend Tom Wrights 'Everyone' commentaries.
on 21 August 2011
An excellent book especially with the author's own translation of the Bible. I have found it to be both interesting and useful in getting into what the original words were written to convey.
on 3 April 2013
I bought this for Lent, but haven't got very far with it - I find all the 'anecdotes' which are meant to make it relevant to today just a constant distraction from the line of thought. I reverted to reading William Temple's 'Readings in St John's Gospel' instead - I may return to Tom Wright later.
on 30 January 2014
I have used this book as a source book for leading a home group in conjunction with Tom Wright's bible study guide on John. His translation of John is extremely accessible and it was very helpful to read it out loud in the group with the other members following the TNIV.
on 27 August 2013
This book & others by this author make Bible study easier & more fruitful, it is easy to read & his explanations make the understanding of John's Gospel more complete, it may be the first that I have bought but it most certainly won't be the last.
on 1 February 2013
Interesting and scholarly with practical application for ordinary Christians. Gives the text followed by a short commentary which is of great relevance to daily living and contains interesting ideas for further thought and prayer.
on 13 August 2013
Half way through, so accessible not too scholarly, easy to understand, and eye opening, thought provoking and absorbing, is literally for everyone, new believer or long standing Christian would be able to gain from this book.
on 19 January 2014
A worthy successor to William Temple's work on John's Gospel.

Essential reading for anyone studying Christianity and learning how to relate it to today's culture. I found it most helpful.
on 8 July 2013
This is part if the excellent Tom Wright series of simple commentaries which have a huge depth of scholarship wrapped up in easy to read text. I will eventually get all of these commentaries.
on 30 November 2013
Easy to read and thought provoking I look forward to spending time reading it I ove it. I would definitely recommend this to friends and to family.