on 22 May 2013
I bought this book around the time I started sending out my CV and it was the basis for my interview preparation. Using this book I got a job offer after attending my first interview in 12 years.

I prepared two weeks in advance of the interview - I really don't like interviews and I was extremely nervous. After reading the book I formulated bullet point answers to each of the questions on paper and then I asked family and friends to conduct mock interviews with me. First I started practicing by reading in the mirror and memorising the talking points, followed by the mock interviews. I did this every day until I could naturally reply to the answers (rather than giving a completely scripted reply). It wasn't easy, but it allowed me to go to the interview feeling that I done everything possible to prepare and I felt much more confident about it, despite being an inteview-phobe. Following the first interview I was asked back to a second interview, and then I was offered the job. For the second interview I went over areas where I thought I could have been clearer, or provided more detailed answers, and practiced the other questions as well.

This book is well worth buying and reading. Although some of the issues dealt with in the first chapters are fairly obvious (turn up on time, dress well etc. etc) the top ten interview questions and then the '40 other questions you need to be prepared to answer' are incredibly helpful. The author goes into great detail providing the background for each question, explaining what the interviewer is trying to get at, and providing examples of the sorts of answers you can give. I really think that if you prepare properly using this book and practice, practice, practice it will help you'll stand out above all the other candidates. It worked for me.
on 23 October 2012
I have to say that this book was a real, real help to me. I have suffered from nerves at interviews, to the poinbt where I just go blank. I have thoguht about getting some professional training but this book actually gave me the boost I needed to get out there and feel more confident in my abilities.

Preparation is the key for interviews (I know, I found out the hard way!) and this book helps you to feel prepared and ready. Don't get me wrong, I stil had some nerves when I walked into my last interview, but with the help of this book I feel like I really did a whole lot better than I had done beforehand. And... I got the job. So, if there is a better endorsement of that I'd like to hear it!

Five stars!
on 3 December 2012
Having blown the job of my dreams by turning into a gibbering wreck during an interview when my nerves got the better of me, I was determined not to make the same mistake again. This book has given me the confidence to go into an interview safe in the knowledge that I know what to expect, can handle those tricky questions and know what not to say. The book provides sample questions and answers, as well as other hints and tips to boost your confidence. It will definitely be re-read every time I have an interview and need to impress, as I learnt the hard way that just turning up and hoping for the best generally doesn't work.
on 5 January 2016
I love this book. I have had several interviews with no success. I found this book covers all the general points of an interview and also advises on how to accept, decline or deal with not getting an job offer. It's given me confidence and helped me secure my current job. Recommended.
on 21 April 2013
I bought this book (The Interview Book: 'Your Definitive Guide to the Perfect Interview') instead of 'The Interview Question & Answer Book: Your Definitive Guide to the Best Answers to Even the Toughest Interview...' based on a review. The review said one book was included in the other. That is not true.

There are 65 questions listed at the back of this book without answers. The answers are in 'The Interview Question & Answer Book' and not in 'The Interview Book'.

This book is not definitive as additional information is in the other book. I am not happy as I wanted all the information.

The information that is actually in this book is, however, very good.
on 3 August 2014
Very, very useful. The "top ten questions" covered most of the interviews I attended. I was very successful as a result, one interview ended with them trying to persuade me to take the job.
Only downside is I managed to ace an interview for a job which wasn't right for me (and me for it) so I ended up looking for another one three months later. Luckily I had this really handy book......
on 9 April 2014
If you are looking at this, you may be anxious about an upcoming interview.

It is best to be prepared to help calm nerves, so this WILL help, just by feeling like you are ready.

Content is good, I found it helpful.

Good luck, you will be fine!
on 20 January 2014
The book is packed full of great tips to help you perform to your potential in job interviews. I particularly liked how the author explained the meaning behind the questions you are most likely to be asked.
on 29 November 2012
Yes it's true that if you spent enough time trawling through websites you might pick up some good interview tips. But why waste the time? This book has it all in one place! With some really good advice for all aspects of the interview process, this book will give you confidence to go into the interview and sell yourself. I found it to be easy reading; honest, straight forward, clearly laid out and simply worded.
on 13 December 2013
Pre interview cram worked wonders for me, with this book you can really pick and chooose what bits you need, and dip into it where required. It has immense detail on what to brush up on and how to answer those really tricky interview questions in a confident profession manner. Just whats need in todays tough job market.