on 27 July 2016
This book has helped me in my business studies, including course works writings, case studies analysis, it has a lot of beneficial examples, it also assisted while preparing for “Operations Management” exams.

The "Operations Management" book will guide you through concepts such as Supply Chain Management to LEAN, and much more. It clearly outlines how all organizations will have to deal with these concepts in any business.

Operations Management is about how organizations produce or deliver the goods and services that provide the reason for their existence. Operations can be seen as one of many functions (e.g. marketing, finance, personnel) within the organization. The operations function can be described as that part of the organization dedicated to the production or delivery of goods and services. This means all organizations accept operations activities because every organization produces goods and/or services.

Yes, recommending this book, specially to business studies students.
on 3 January 2017
Not only did I use this book in my business management degree but also during a placement year working in operations management & supply chain! Some very practical information, definitely worth spending the money even if you are a student!
on 29 July 2017
Got this for a university module, it is very informative and helped lots
on 2 October 2015
Bought this book for a reasonable price on this. I was doing an Operations and Service Management module at university and surprise surprise this book was the core text.

Thanks to this book I managed a reasonable mark of 65%...I used this both for my Report coursework and the exam. Very useful! I don't know if it's simply because I liked the module, but I actually really liked this book also. Selling my old copy also if anyone is interested.
on 31 March 2013
The latest update to this unique and comprehensive treatment of service management, by Johnston, Clark and Shulver is excellent. In particular, the new chapters on customer experience and service excellence make it essential reading for service managers, and especially for those developing organisational customer service strategies. This is the 4th edition that I've used to aid understanding of service issues and the application of theory to the practicalities of implementing service policies and strategies.
on 27 March 2018
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 February 2013
I recently had a look at a newer version of this book and it has EXACTLY the same content, such looks a bit more colourful. Don't spend £40 more on a book that is the same, this is the case with most university course books so I would always recommend getting a few versions before for a fraction of the price.
on 2 November 2016
Very good for students. I needed it desperately for assignments. So I was forced to pay the ridiculous price for a book as there was none on eBay for cheaper at the time.
on 16 December 2015
Arrived quickly and as described. Far better value than buying a new book as quality is just the same
on 25 November 2012
Enjoyed reading his class-notes of 'Services Management' module during my MBA studies at Warwick Business School. So, bought to read updated edition of his book for reference. Also, interesting to know how operation management concepts are explained easily in the context of services sector.