on 15 July 2017
I've read 3 Damien Hughes books now. All of them are really good and give you the tools to get in with life. This one deals with change and gives great advice about how to face change and deal with it.
on 8 March 2013
A number of weeks ago a friend of mine was at a seminar where Damian was one of the guest speakers, she was so impressed with what he has to say that she couldn't wait to tell My wife and myself about it, she mentioned that he had also written a number of books and that if they were anything like the lecture they were definitely worth a read, so out of curiosity I bought 2 books, the newest one, How to Change Absolutely Anything and Liquid Thinking;
Can I say that I have been inspired by them and i've used them to motivate the kids I teach, letting them know that anything and everything is possible, they just need to believe in their own abilities and it seems to be working, the books are phenomenal, thank you very much.
Mark Astles
on 9 February 2014
I purchased this book wondering if it would be another of those 'wonder' works that gave you all the principles and guidance but putting it into practice is impossible unless your some sort of genius or live in a world where you have nothing else to focus on but self development.
As a full time professional managing teams but also a wife, mother, friend and colleague this book is real world and grounded. The advice makes total sense and is in fact common sense when you read it.
It asks nothing more from you than an open mind and the consciousness to put the learnings into practice in a very practical sense.
Well done to the author.
on 2 February 2014
I was at another conference in early January and duly turned up hoping for something different. After a few introductions we were introduced to Damien - a professor / sports psychologist - "Oh no" I thought, "it's going to be another one of those!" How wrong I was! Within a couple on minutes of Damien speaking I was hooked. He spoke at my level, to me, about things that mattered and were of interest, both in in my working and personal life. Damien spoke on and off during the day - each time I listened with interest. He spoke about his books (minimal advertising considering what he could have done), something that was of no interest to me as I don't read for pleasure - only what I need to! I don't like writing either - unless I have to.

This is the shock - to me, my family and friends. I considered buying one of Damien's books, I procrastinated for a few days, then to everyone's surprise, I downloaded the kindle app for my phone and purchased (yes purchased!!!) Liquid Thinking.

Over the next few days, I read the book from cover to cover, mentally did the exercises - writing them was one step too far - I was already out of my comfort zone reading!

As inspirational a book, as the day at conference - if not more so. I could go on, but won't (well not too much), suffice to say I am now using my notebook and pen from the conference to pen down some ideas for a possible book of my own. I've also purchased and read a second book of Damien - which is also highly recommended "How to change absolutely anything" - this was a challenge I set myself whilst reading the first book - to read more as well as understanding and enjoying it! That complete I thought I would branch out a little - I'm currently reading "Why does E = mc2" by Brian Cox and Jeff Forshaw. What psychological spell did Damien put me under that day?

Fantastic read - thanks Damien.

P.S. My family, friends and colleagues are getting a little concerned with the positivity I'm now showing - even my wife asked me the other day what was wrong with me, as I was usually a miserable so and so when I got in from work!
on 19 October 2013
I found this book easy to read and understand. Having done a lot of work around change I was looking for some new ideas. Unfortunately I didn't find anything I hadn't heard before in this book. But what it did do was refresh my knowledge, and the one quote I will ensure I remind of myself from this book is "the time we need self-belief most is when things are not going well".
What I did like about this book are the anecdotal stories. I personally find if there are stories that people can relate to it helps to get them on board, and this book has certainly provided me with some new material in that regard.
If you are new to change, this is a very good all round book, more succinct than weightier books with just as much information. If you are an old hand at change, read it as a refresher.
on 14 November 2013
Damian Hughes has put together an inspiring book to help anyone achieve their wildest dreams. I think it is amazing how he has managed to get across such a vast amount of valuable information in such a concise and easy to read book. His use of real-world examples bring all of his points into perspective and make them easy to understand. You won't read this book and suddenly be able change absolutely anything, that takes a heck of a lot of work, what Damian has given you hear is a formula so that your energy can be focussed on the right tasks to achieve change which I would argue is the most important aspect. Thank you Damian.
on 5 July 2012
At a time when change is more rapid than ever this book has lots of ideas to help whether it is business. Parenting or personal challenges! Its given me lots of food for thought! After reading all the liquid thinker books this latest book hasn't disappointed! Read and make the changes you want!
on 2 April 2013
I've been fortunate enough to see Damian present at two conferences and I've found both sessions to be packed full of useful information, as well as being highly entertaining. What I like is his delivery style. Damian is clearly a 'switched' on person but manages to get his messages across with ease. I've read a number of his books and I have to say he is just as capable an author as he is presenter. How To Change Absolutely Anything is well worth a read. I'm possibly the slowest reader in the world and I managed to get through it in just a couple of days. Packed with useful information and imaginative examples used to illustrate key concepts. Well worth the investment.
on 21 February 2013
This is the second Damian Hughes book that I have read in a reasonably short space of time which is porbably a good indicator (as well as the more obvious 5 stars) as to the value of this book. Whilst the material/studies presented in the book may not be new to the avid reader of 'self helps' this should not prevent you from enjoying the manner in which the author relays the valuable lessons to you. The style of writing makes it a pleasure from start to finish which in my opinion only helps you to take full advantage of the advice contained within. If you are looking to change anything, then read it, put it into practice, and notice what you can achieve.
on 24 January 2013
I had heard fantastic things about Damian - so was excited about hearing him speak. He lived up to his reputation and more! Even the most cynical people in the room couldn't fail to be compelled.

He is incredibly inspirational and knowledgeable - as well as down to earth, engaging and genuinely funny. All of these qualities can equally be found in this book.

I have read many a 'management' and 'self-help' book... you can't really put this into those categorises as it is really quite different. Very difficult to explain so try it for yourself. I am confident you won't be disappointed.