Customer reviews

The NGTU Guide to Not Going to University
Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 December 2013
I bought this guide to help my daughter who is not very sure whether she wants to go to university. It has a straight forward layout and is easy to read, with comments from people who have had different experiences. My daughter has taken to reading it, so I am hopeful that it is of interest to her and will help her decision making.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 September 2012
I started to read this book with my nephew in mind who doesn't just want to not go to Uni, he doesn't want to go to college either. As with many youngsters I think the root of the problem is that he really does not know what he wants to do. The book is very easy to read and packed with tips, advice and case studies that guide you through the options out there in the big wide world. By the end of the book I was not only excited for my nephew because he has so many options open to him, but also quite jealous that he is at the beginning of this journey. But that's why I say this book is "not just for students", it has helped me look at my own career and what I'm doing. It's a very reasonable price too, well worth the investment if you want advice about your career.
on 13 September 2012
Well written honest book that showed me what options are out there now that uni is so expensive it was good to find out about Apprenticeships well done notgoingtouni...
on 22 September 2013
daughter gets place at first choice uni then has a change of mind - helpful for both student and parent
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 September 2012
This book promises to tell you about the various ways you can embark on your career journey. Despite the title of the book, going to university is one of the many options included as you are given the tools to put paid to the cry of "I don't know what do with my life."

It has a really easy to navigate layout with useful highlights; and the use of colour throughout will appeal to younger readers. Essentially it is split into three sections:

1. Research - decide what you want to do
2. Exposure - review the paths available to you
3. Secret shortcuts - how to get ahead in life

Overall this book shows that there are great opportunities for building strong careers these days. Read it and learn how you can find someone to pay you for doing something you love, for the duration of your career.
on 18 September 2012
Having read this book because my son is considering his options outside of University I was pleasently surprised at how many alternative routes there are into employment if you are not considering going to University. I think in todays copetative market place I would recommend this book to all parents to discuss with their children. Do visit their website as there are many vacancies there [...]