on 16 February 2012
I am a computing degree student with accounting thrown in for fun (yay), this book is excellent for those who need a quick, clear and concise introduction to accounting. I would heartily recommend this book, the free myaccountinglab access has not proved useful to me for my course, but I can see how it would be very useful to those who require the content provided by the service.
on 9 January 2013
Great book. Had a lot of difficulty when it came to studying accounting, the book's way of teaching is pretty good and simplified. Plus there are questions at the end of each chapter just to make sure you understood.
on 13 December 2011
This book is amazing, very informative and has up-to-date financial terms that are going to be used in the accounting world, this has helped me to forget the old terms and get used to the new terms very quickly, tutorials and calculation methods are demonstrated very clearly and are very very understandable, and they have helped much in my first semester of my second year at University.
A very good book and a must have for students that are studying accounting at university.
on 28 January 2015
FYI: Access to MyAccountingLab is impossible for if you are self-studying! You can't use the online tools unless a college lecturer has subscribed with Pearson and can provide you with a 'Course ID'. Just spent 2hrs going around in circles with MyAccountingLab's customer service for them to tell me eventually that its just tough luck. Save your money and buy the 2nd hand editions. Otherwise, the book is in plain English and helps you visualise the 'why' behind a lot of accounting rules. I'm already doing 3rd year advanced financial accounting and at times found myself rusty on the basics. This book explains everything 10 times better than any of my lecturers ever did. Best accounting text book out there in my opinion.
on 9 July 2013
Although the content of the book and the accounting lab addition is useful, the answers to the set questions, located at the back of the book are rife with basic mathematical errors. Quiet annoying really seeing as how expensive to book is.
on 26 March 2015
Its a really good useful book for an introduction to accounting. However don't make the same mistake i did and buy second hand if you need access to Pearson online. The code will have already been used so you cant use it, so buy new. If you just need the book to read, then save your money and buy second hand.
on 13 March 2013
I study Accounting and Finance and this book is what exactly I need. It makes me prepared for the exam and it's easy to understand. There is many activities and practice questions which help to understand the subject better and check your knowledge.

I recommend this to anyone who want to know more about accounting.
on 23 April 2014
Easy to read. Clear step by step instructions and examples. Worth buying 100%. With this book I practically learnt/taught myself.
on 16 October 2013
This book is very well laid out and straightforward to follow. The exercises and questions at the end of chapters really help consolidate the learning. Highly recommend this text. Mike 1st year undergraduate
on 4 February 2013
This book was ordered brand new and arrived to me today. The book was very well packaged but had ripped pages inside that would have been there before packaging. Only for the fact that I am desperate for this book for my business accounting module at uni I would have returned it because ripped pages, for a new book are not acceptable and I paid a lot for the book. Will not be shopping with them again as very poor quality indeed, so beware