Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tom Chaplin Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 9 November 2011
Having taken on a more senior role at work, I came across this book at the tight time. Well written, accessible and engaging. It's refreshing to read a book on leadership with nothing superfluous in it. I would recommend this to anyone who feels they have bitten off more than they can chew after promotion.
on 2 February 2014
This book was really just a sales pitch for the company that provides the coaching services and the constant pitching was so blatant I struggled to even finish reading the book. None of the information was at all useful and it was written in a manner which I felt assumed a level of stupidity for a senior manager. I would not recommend this book.
on 27 November 2012
I was a little intimidated to give this book one star because looking at the other reviews, I thought I might have missed something. After all, it was these very reviews that I had read that swayed me into purchasing said book. It is poorly written, adds nothing to the literature on the subject and I believe it was written to get the author some more clients for her coaching business. I cannot believe it is part of the Financial Times Series. I really was tempted to return it and get my money back. Try The First 90 Days: Critical Success Strategies for New Leaders at All Levels, it is a better read and it will actually help you prepare for your new management role.
on 10 May 2014
I found the book very 'blue peter' like in its simplistic and bland description of key activities, e.g "now children, let's solve world poverty".

Granted that this a complex area, but the content desperately needs multiple example scenarios to elaborate on the key topics.
on 4 November 2011
Brilliant book! As a graduate, not yet in a leadership role I wanted a book that would prepare me fully for fast-track management positions/interviews. This book is easy to read, understand and digest in a short amount of time - perfect for me whilst still studying my PhD.

Having a science background I was initially scared of reading a book like this - but the book really does focus on the leaders role and the relationship with the team and the leader. Essentially the book should work for all trades/backgrounds.

The book has filled me with confidence and taught me a lot about EQ (emotional intelligence) - I would highly recommend to graduates wanting that leadership position!
on 4 November 2011
If you're a mid-level or senior executive starting a new role, your first 100 days will set the tone for all that follows. This book is chock full of practical down-to-earth advice that will help you make the most of those first 100 days. I'll be recommending this book to all of my executive MBA students. And I recommend it to you. If you're in a new job, just read it. Now.
on 20 August 2013
O'Keeffe's method accelerates the performance of leaders within the First100 days of a transition such as a new job, a promotion, global transfer, or maternity return. The book provides a real-world perspective to performance acceleration that is smart, savvy, and results-oriented.

Her proven methodology has armed hundreds of leaders in the U.S., Europe and Asia with custom plans that focus on goals and results. The FirstAssist Framework and 10 Desired Outcomes begin with the end in mind. And as a result, leaders do not get lost in strategy that cannot be quickly or realistically implemented.

Leaders operate at various levels and capacities within companies. But the methodology is highly relevant for any professional - from CEO to the defacto team leader - who has the desire and ability to accelerate their performance. First100's unique blend of consulting, coaching, and methodology enables a reality-based 100 Day plan for leaders to become successful fast.
on 1 April 2016
This is a good read for ideas and a plan for when you start your new job. I have made a plan by using this book but haven't yet to put it into practice so can't comment. I have read the whole book though it full of great tips and knowledge from someone who has seen the process a million time so knows what she is talking about.
on 20 November 2011
Given how much time we invest to find the right job, it seems obvious that we should prepare to make an impact from Day 1. Why don't we do it then? I no longer have an excuse - this book offers the framework to move me from action-to-insight that I have been looking for.
on 30 June 2014