Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 20 July 2017
Had my first interview today after reading this book. I was more confident and feel the interview went well. Well worth reading
on 28 September 2017
Good and useful item to prepare and successfully pass job interview.
There is briefly mentioned main points how to pass assessment center as hiring process.
Easy and accessible language used.
on 20 May 2004
If, like me, you are an interview-phobic then Brilliant Interview is definitely the book for you. I have just returned from my first interview in 4 years and if I hadn't bought this book then I may not have gone at all. This book helped me prepare and gain confidence by explaining everything from combating nerves to answering the toughest of interview questions (many of which I was asked during my interview). It even explains what you should do if you are not successful in your interview. My only one complaint is that it lacks advice on the ever more popular competency based questions now used in interviews. Despite that, this is a very useful book and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone concerned about attending interviews.
on 3 July 2006
A well-written book, but wasn't quite what I was hoping for. I was hoping for more advice and explanation about how to deal with certain tricky questions and issues that I'm facing.

The book is useful if you want advice on how to negotiate a job package after you've been offered a job. But I've come across stronger books on how to pass the interview questions in the first place.
on 10 October 2008
Thanks to this book I received a job offer for a job I've wanted for the past few years of my career with a world-renown company.

I was very well prepared for all 3 interviews I had to go on to get this job. All the trick questions that were asked were questions from the book which I've already mentally prepared answers. Lastly, this book helped me immensely with negotiating an offer. I was able to get 2 weeks in between jobs (so I can go on a celebratory beach holiday!!)and bump up the salary.

I highly recommend this book for interviewers of all industries (except banking). The job market is incredibly competitive, this book will give you tips on how to get ahead!
on 16 May 2008
I think the criticisms of this book in the negative reviews given here are totally unfounded and ill concieved. This book is excellent. (Criticisms levied at the unrealism of the title are clearly levelled by the same people who went into fits when Katie Melua suggested there were 9 million bicycles in Beijing.) This is a good book that helps those who need help in this area. Personally I'd recommend this book along with "Brilliant CV", "201 Best Questions to ask on your interview", and also "How to Handle Your Recruitment Consultant" which covers the key area that these other books don't. With those four books in your bag you will not fail.
on 19 May 2004
This is a well laid out and well presented book, with plenty of good advice. The advice is, as far as I can tell, being given by experienced and well qualified people and should be very helpful for anyone preparing for a job interview (or several job interviews).
Unfortunately you could get all the same advice, and more besides, by doing an internet search on 'job interviews' or scanning through a few relevant web sites. Lots of recruitment and employment websites offer advice along the same lines as the content of this book, but unlike the book it's free, so you may be better off just searching the web.
The book does at least collect the advice together into relevant sections, in a logical order and present it in a manner which makes it easier to take in. If you're prepared to take the time to sort through information from two or three web sources and put up with a bit of duplication you'll probably find that the internet search method is a lot cheaper and returns a wider range of information than this book.
on 19 September 2008
Well I bought the book brilliant C.V which is good and this book to help me finding a job. I got an interview for a job that I was lacking a bit of experience in, read the book, went to the interview and got the job! If you are not an experienced job hunter then this book is critical to your success, otherwise it'll still give even the experienced job hunter some useful tips!

Great stuff
on 26 September 2011
What a great book. It was recommended to me and I wholeheartedly endorse it. The questions may appear obvious, in retrospect, but this book helps you understand what is really being asked and to think through the answers. Better than rehearsed scripts it give ideas on how to assemble key facts, i.e what makes you special, and get them across in interview.
on 19 March 2012
Excellent. Good, clear, consise advice and easily read. Useful tips throughout. Being in the fortunate position position of never having had to do a formal interview I found this invaluable.